sharetrader
Page 227 of 697 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Clearly there should be some sort of inquiry/commission/working group/whatever set up to determine targets before they're set in future!

No. they're for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Clearly there should be some sort of inquiry/commission/working group/whatever set up to determine targets before they're set in future!

I'm staggered they made such a decision without putting the issue through a working group first.

Is it possible to come up with anything more vacuous than "delivery". Surely Adern understands that to "deliver" one must first "do". So they have proven they cant do house building, they cant do tree planting, they cant reduce poverty, cant stop climate change, cant do open and transparent government, cant do decent immigration decisions, cant do organising meetings

I think the one thing she will "deliver" is more reasons for voters to find an alternative.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Is it possible to come up with anything more vacuous than "delivery". Surely Adern understands that to "deliver" one must first "do". So they have proven they cant do house building, they cant do tree planting, they cant reduce poverty, cant stop climate change, cant do open and transparent government, cant do decent immigration decisions, cant do organising meetings

I think the one thing she will "deliver" is more reasons for voters to find an alternative.
    No, she will deliver $100's millions worth of reviews as well. Oh, sorry they'll just be more reasons. The Tax thing will kill them if they don't kick it for touch, but they're developing an MO of reneging on their promises, so I reckon they'll see Damocles sword and find a way to avoid CGT or any of that reviews finding.

Personally I think it's not really about how badly the Labour coalition does during its term of government, she's too charismatic to lose the populist vote, it's more about whether there is an alternative that resonates with voters. National need a whole new game plan and it's not apparent yet how they'll beat the coalition into their second term.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    They're all deserting !!

Well the Fair Pay report is out. I've had a quick scan but will need to delve into it in a bit more detail. Though I am not particularly inclined to do so.

One of their findings was out of 148,600 Chief Executives, General Managers and Legislators (incidentally the largest group of workers) 28.59% earnt less than $20 an hour.

Edit.

This report requires some very serious Fact Checking. For example it says "We examined the demographics of those working on or near the minimum wage – under $20 perhour.". Current minimum wage is $16.50. $20 is over 20% more than this rate already.
    Last edited by minimoke; 31-01-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Moving house for a few months EZ !! Was it a Kiwibuild that was hard to finish ??? Good to have you back :-)
    Cheers. Big job moving gear and finding places for it, plus a few overdue house maintenance jobs so we could swap money from the old house to a newer one. Plus work related stuff.

Good on Westpac for being the first NZ bank to ensure a living wage to all employees and direct contractors. I hope they're more polite to their customers than they used to be..

Regarding house construction costs, saw a bit on TV1 about that this morning. Very oblique mention on the cost of aluminium windows by the market commentator. A couple of years ago I needed a few hundred metres of flat ali bar and extrusions. I negotiated a hot trade price, but was stunned when I later figured out that the price per kg I'd paid (significantly cheaper than retail) was about 700% dearer than the bulk aluminium market price for a billet. The cost of the energy to re-melt it isn't high, it points to very high margins being made in that industry, at least in the front end. Sure, you need to spend big on the plant to get into it, but it would soon be paid off. So maybe a lack of competition there.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Cheers. Big job moving gear and finding places for it, plus a few overdue house maintenance jobs so we could swap money from the old house to a newer one.
    You wernt trying to increaase yoru capital and make a gain were you?

Good on Westpac for being the first NZ bank to ensure a living wage to all employees and direct contractors. I hope they're more polite to their customers than they used to be.
    Expecting more out their employees in exchange for more pay seems perfectly reasonable.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You wernt trying to increaase yoru capital and make a gain were you?

Expecting more out their employees in exchange for more pay seems perfectly reasonable.
    The deal turned out better than my sharemarket foray, if that's what you mean. Westpac have the NZ govt as a big cornerstone client, maybe one reason they have put up this policy, which wouldn't cost much. At the same time they are closing lots of regional banks. These were formerly Trustbanks of course.

This would be a cunning plan for the party with no friends..

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12199393
    Last edited by elZorro; 02-02-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Guru

The deal turned out better than my sharemarket foray, if that's what you mean. Westpac have the NZ govt as a big cornerstone client, maybe one reason they have put up this policy, which wouldn't cost much. At the same time they are closing lots of regional banks. These were formerly Trustbanks of course.

This would be a cunning plan for the party with no friends..

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12199393
    I am not sure Westpac were Trustbank. I used to work for Trustbank. Westpac took us over, integrated Trustbank into the Westpac system and I left.