sharetrader
Page 133 of 697 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 6963
    Guru

Interesting piece by Mathew Hooton (yes, I know he has an agenda) in the paper today. Paints an ugly picture of the inner workings of the coalition. The Greens principles sacrificed on the altar of Winston.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Interesting piece by Mathew Hooton (yes, I know he has an agenda) in the paper today. Paints an ugly picture of the inner workings of the coalition. The Greens principles sacrificed on the altar of Winston.
    Which paper? Could you post the link?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    "well being" is purely and totally a subjective measure. Its a nonsense. As for their being 100 of them, well that's just a good opportunity to mop up every moaner in existence.
    Be carefull if they are mopping up moaners

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Be carefull if they are mopping up moaners

westerly
    I know they wont be calling on my public views. Wouldnt suit their agenda.

Dilettante

As expected, Joyce is going to be proven right https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12103577

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    As expected, Joyce is going to be proven right https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12103577
    ...... but at least something is finally being done to address the building skills shortage, with subsidies being paid to encourage employers to take long term unemployed youths on apprenticeships. I just hope they've budgetted for the inevitable claims from other such groups, e.g. the present crop of low paid youths/apprentices.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    ...... but at least something is finally being done to address the building skills shortage, with subsidies being paid to encourage employers to take long term unemployed youths on apprenticeships. I just hope they've budgetted for the inevitable claims from other such groups, e.g. the present crop of low paid youths/apprentices.
    Oh FFS why is she wearing a Hih viz jacket.

Its about time she got her had out ot the air head clouds. The first thing employers want from an 18 - 24 year old is the proven ability to turn up to work on time and work consistently the contracted number of hours. You woudlnt htink this woudl be a hard ask - but its something way beyond many of todays youtth - especially those at winz.

Lets say teh employer gets $1000 a month.

I bet an employer would much sooner have a 90 day trial period to see if the lazy layabout can turn up to work.

$1,000 isnt going to cut it. $2,500 legal fees from a lawyer to help defend a bogus Personal Grievance for wrong full dismissal. Biff in another $1500 for lost wages and $ 3,000 for Hurt and humiliation" and any smart employer isnt going to take the risk on these kids.

The kids don't need dignity . They need a kick up the bum and if they don't turn up for work they don't get the dole. Solved!

Edit: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/106...ignity-of-work
    Last edited by minimoke; 09-08-2018 at 01:58 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Please see post 1328