sharetrader
Page 226 of 697 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I agree, the idea of a known turnaround time must be good for spec home builders. Plus from the govt's point of view, the property sale recycles the cashflow to commission another. Surely it'll work.
    If it's to have any chance at all the first step is to get rid of Twyford.

IMO

Its a massive , bold brave thing to try and Labour and Phil are to be commended for this complex undertaking, that national avoided and denied being a problem all that time. He is only guilty of being too optimistic but there are so many hurdles, it will take longer it needs time and more realistic goal setting. Hell, atm here in tauranga we are the 5th most expensive place in the world to buy a house , per capita!

Bridges would support Labour changing the RMA and admits national was too "timid" and not "bold" enough.Current planning ruling has and is artificially constraining the supply of land ever since the RMA was passed.

A JV with housing corp would allow them to buy materials like Gib board directly from the manufacturer.currently the largest homebuilders cannot do this. And instead of one design bigger houses on smaller sections with extra bathrooms and lounges etc we need smaller houses of lesser designs driving costings down etc etc.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Rumours of my demise are over-exaggerated, FP. I've been moving house for a few months. Anyway, things are going so well for the Labour-Led govt, I don't need to say much.

We'll have to wait to see what was behind KiwiBuild's previous CEO being let go. He sounds like a BS artist to me.

Meanwhile what is the National Party doing about investigating the $100,000 donation that JLR mentioned? The one that was split up illegally to stay below the radar? The one where the donor, Zhang, inexplicably ended up on the honours list soon afterwards, under National's watch. Where he may, or is likely to have, strong connections to the CCP.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12196315
    Moving house for a few months EZ !! Was it a Kiwibuild that was hard to finish ??? Good to have you back :-)

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Its a massive , bold brave thing to try and Labour and Phil are to be commended for this complex undertaking, that national avoided and denied being a problem all that time. He is only guilty of being too optimistic but there are so many hurdles, it will take longer it needs time and more realistic goal setting. Hell, atm here in tauranga we are the 5th most expensive place in the world to buy a house , per capita!

Bridges would support Labour changing the RMA and admits national was too "timid" and not "bold" enough.Current planning ruling has and is artificially constraining the supply of land ever since the RMA was passed.

A JV with housing corp would allow them to buy materials like Gib board directly from the manufacturer.currently the largest homebuilders cannot do this. And instead of one design bigger houses on smaller sections with extra bathrooms and lounges etc we need smaller houses of lesser designs driving costings down etc etc.
    5th most expensive PER CAPITA !! How is that calculated ? I saw an article I think in the Herald that has the headline that Tauranga was 5th most expensive city in the World. But when one read the article, it is no such thing. It was the 5th most expensive of the handful of countries in that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

If they were serious I dont know why Housing Corp wouldn't turn it into a Construction Labour govt department. Ministry of housing could design simple houses (2-3 bedroom, one bathroom, one lounge, one carport - configurable to adjust for the sun) bulk buy materials from global sources, import skilled labour to be supplemented by local labour sources such as those on the dole, ex prisoners, NEET's etc (through an Apprenticeship programme), flogged off at cost or used as rentals.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    5th most expensive PER CAPITA !! How is that calculated ? I saw an article I think in the Herald that has the headline that Tauranga was 5th most expensive city in the World. But when one read the article, it is no such thing. It was the 5th most expensive of the handful of countries in that comparison.
    Nitpicker, got anything constructive, did you get the points?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    If they were serious I dont know why Housing Corp wouldn't turn it into a Construction Labour govt department. Ministry of housing could design simple houses (2-3 bedroom, one bathroom, one lounge, one carport - configurable to adjust for the sun) bulk buy materials from global sources, import skilled labour to be supplemented by local labour sources such as those on the dole, ex prisoners, NEET's etc (through an Apprenticeship programme), flogged off at cost or used as rentals.
    Yes all good logical stuff, and simplify things.

Advanced Member

Kiwibuild targets scrapped. Well they keep the 10 year one, and as they are unlikely to be the government for all of those 10 years they scored the get out of jail free card. They had to attempt to sidestep the very bad press somehow. Won't work.

Billion trees next to go?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Kiwibuild targets scrapped. Well they keep the 10 year one, and as they are unlikely to be the government for all of those 10 years they scored the get out of jail free card. They had to attempt to sidestep the very bad press somehow. Won't work.

Billion trees next to go?
    No. Twyford next to go.

Veteran novice

Clearly there should be some sort of inquiry/commission/working group/whatever set up to determine targets before they're set in future!