sharetrader
Page 354 of 697 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 6963
    Advanced Member

I think I've voted for everyone over the years....and am certainly not inclined to being a Labour party supporter. However, I just watched the COVID-19 presentation and it would be hard not to be impressed by Jacinda and the way and what she communicates with respect to this. I guess John Key had the GFC and the Christchurch earthquakes as major issues to deal with which was largely successful. Jacinda has had the Mosque shootings and Covid-19 and man, is she making the most of those. Hard to see Simon getting a look in. If all continues to go well with the COVID-19 recovery, then predict the election will be as soon as possible. Simon should be looking for a delay so that some of the gloss can wear off.

She's an impressive lady IMO.

Veteran novice

Yes, I agree with all that, RTM, and I can't recall ever voting Labour!

Another one from the gov't bereft of common sense and understanding of their own rules https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...kland-was-safe

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Another one from the gov't bereft of common sense and understanding of their own rules https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...kland-was-safe
    He must have somehow missed the part about "Stay At Home" or thought he was exempt from the Decrees of the Top Spinner & Screamer ..

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post

Sure is , looks like a straight out of "if bridges can do it ( how many bubbles does simon actually have;1 in tauranga and what 3 in wellington?) so can i, even if im not in Govt or an MP.,im important and hereby justify this.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sure is , looks like a straight out of "if bridges can do it ( how many bubbles does simon actually have;1 in tauranga and what 3 in wellington?) so can i, even if im not in Govt or an MP.,im important and hereby justify this.
    If Bridges is as bad in this matter as you continually claim why hasn't Cindy had the balls to go after him? Is your honourable leader turning a blind eye? Or does she...like the rest of us, recognise that the Opposition is important in a crisis.

I think both leaders have shown a responsible restraint. Both have a fine line to tread.

Legend

Yet more fluffing around & minor tinkering by the Labor Govt today, which will do little or nothing for most struggling businesses
    out there:

https://www.business.govt.nz/news/co...ws-and-updates

"New tax and business support

Business tax support
    Government announced a further set of tax proposals to help businesses manage the impacts of COVID-19. These include:

- greater flexibility for taxpayers in respect to tax deadlines
    - changes to the tax loss continuity rules
    - a tax loss carry-back scheme."

Robertson & his spinning Mates still don't get it --

that they do have to open the Govt Treasure Chest and start spitting out some fairly substantial Govt
    Life Support Cash to Business, if they expect to have many affected Businesses come out the other side and to avoid
    very substantial Unemployment.

The "Spare the Employees & Sacrifice the Businesses & Employers" stance is showing Robertson & Ardern up for what many may
    have already considered was the case when this Govt were parachuted into their hot seats courtesy of Peters..
    Last edited by nztx; 15-04-2020 at 06:41 PM. Reason: add more

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    If Bridges is as bad in this matter as you continually claim why hasn't Cindy had the balls to go after him? Is your honourable leader turning a blind eye? Or does she...like the rest of us, recognise that the Opposition is important in a crisis.

I think both leaders have shown a responsible restraint. Both have a fine line to tread.
    Up to the voters to go after Bridges - Cindy has far better things to do I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Yet more fluffing around & minor tinkering by the Labor Govt today, which will do little or nothing for most struggling businesses
    out there:

https://www.business.govt.nz/news/co...ws-and-updates

"New tax and business support

Business tax support
    Government announced a further set of tax proposals to help businesses manage the impacts of COVID-19. These include:

- greater flexibility for taxpayers in respect to tax deadlines
    - changes to the tax loss continuity rules
    - a tax loss carry-back scheme."

Robertson & his spinning Mates still don't get it --

that they do have to open the Govt Treasure Chest and start spitting out some fairly substantial Govt
    Life Support Cash to Business, if they expect to have many affected Businesses come out the other side and to avoid
    very substantial Unemployment.

The "Spare the Employees & Sacrifice the Businesses & Employers" stance is showing Robertson & Ardern up for what many may
    have already considered was the case when this Govt were parachuted into their hot seats courtesy of Peters..
    Apparently EY presented the case to the government regarding the carry-back and tax loss continuity rules to the government a month or two ago, so this is probably the result of "his spinning mates" as you put it.

Completely agree - none of what's been outlined thus far is substantial enough, and I suspect it'll all be clawed back in May's budget through tax hikes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Up to the voters to go after Bridges - Cindy has far better things to do I suspect.
    So St Cindy is turning a blind eye? How irresponsible! You better let JT know.