sharetrader
Page 320 of 339 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 6773
  1. #6381
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Throughout my 12 years of living in New Zealand, political polarisation has never been wider, and more alarming.
    I thought there was a lot of polarisation under Key - the Cult of Key was very strong.
    Even allowed to pull pony tails with impunity.

  2. #6382
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I thought there was a lot of polarisation under Key - the Cult of Key was very strong.
    Even allowed to pull pony tails with impunity.
    He delivered on multiple fronts despite his failings.

    What has Cindy delivered in her year of delivery?

  3. #6383
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What has Cindy delivered in her year of delivery?
    It seems endless ammo for your rants and ravings.

    No comment on your Hijab lie?
    No apology?

  4. #6384
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,106
    Last edited by Balance; 25-09-2020 at 07:56 AM.

  5. #6385
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    France has NOT banned the Hijab - Jacinda knows better than you.
    France has banned full face coverings - the Burqa.
    Turkey has mostly lifted the ban in Universities, public schools and government buildings.

    I find it interesting that the Hijab is very similar to head coverings that very Christian women wore years ago and much like a Nuns head covering - it is very reverent really.
    It seems to be offensive only if worn for a Muslim reason.

    Now the Burqa - quite a different kettle of fish.
    Read this and tell us again that Cindy knows better.

    If she does know better, she is intentionally then throwing dirt in the face of oppressed Muslim women.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/chr...-wrong-message

  6. #6386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Read this and tell us again that Cindy knows better.

    If she does know better, she is intentionally then throwing dirt in the face of oppressed Muslim women.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/chr...-wrong-message
    An opinion piece and that person is entitled to their opinion (from a year ago).

    You are unable to admit you are wrong - and you are.
    Or do you stand by your statement on France and Turkey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Countries like France & even Turkey ban the hijab - guess Cindy thinks she knows better than them? .

  7. #6387
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I thought that was one of the problems under National that Cindy was going to fix, along with child poverddy?
    She's bin too busy.

  8. #6388
    AWOL
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vacation
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    She's bin too busy.
    Probably went over their heads, FP.

  9. #6389
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Wellington, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    1498 new Jobseeker benefit recipients last week. Better not say 1500 Judith.

    Slightly less than the numbers coming off CIRP. That may indicate those have found jobs but not necessarily because of the CIRP criteria such as the very much increased partner income permitted for CIRP. (That means some CIRP recipients will not qualify for JS.)

  10. #6390
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Probably went over their heads, FP.
    I'm always aiming too high.

  11. #6391
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,106

    Default

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...al-three-times

    More revelations about the carry-on regardinh Ihumatoa with Labour.

  12. #6392
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...al-three-times

    More revelations about the carry-on regardinh Ihumatoa with Labour.
    Revelations?
    definition - a surprising and previously unknown fact that has been disclosed to others.
    This is Winston!

    Still no admission that you were wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Countries like France & even Turkey ban the hijab - guess Cindy thinks she knows better than them? .

  13. #6393
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I thought there was a lot of polarisation under Key - the Cult of Key was very strong.
    Even allowed to pull pony tails with impunity.
    The john key led-govt was a phrase that was thrown everywhere at the time.

    Is judy still paying for likes on facebook?
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 25-09-2020 at 01:24 PM.

  14. #6394
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    I’d be very interested to know what key achieved while in office, I do agree he was very capable at doing the following

    -forgetting what he had or hadn’t said
    -smiling while cooking a BBQ
    - putting up GST when he said he wouldn’t
    -doing nothing to solve the housing crisis he called in opposition.
    - sold off state assets for a song.
    - pulling on some poor girls pony tail repetitively whenever he went to his local cafe.

    The one thing I think that worries me the most is his biggest regret in office was to not change the flag. He ended his time in office having used none of his political capital that was the worst thing - mr flip flop simply didn’t want to be on the wrong side of public opinion and achieved next to nothing over 9 years on power.

  15. #6395
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    France has NOT banned the Hijab - Jacinda knows better than you.
    France has banned full face coverings - the Burqa.
    Turkey has mostly lifted the ban in Universities, public schools and government buildings.

    I find it interesting that the Hijab is very similar to head coverings that very Christian women wore years ago and much like a Nuns head covering - it is very reverent really.
    It seems to be offensive only if worn for a Muslim reason.

    Now the Burqa - quite a different kettle of fish.
    In the 1960's lots of women in the West used to wear scarves covering their hair. Then there is a the passage from the Christian bible:“Therefore ought the woman to have a power over her head, because of the angels.” (1 Corinthians 11:10)

    So whether the head and hair is covered is not just an Islamic thing.

  16. #6396
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    ...

    Still no admission that you were wrong?
    Just like Collins who refuses to condemn several of her MPs for making up a fake quote from Ardern. Nothing like untruths to boost the campaign I guess.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ted-by-her-mps

  17. #6397
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    3,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Just like Collins who refuses to condemn several of her MPs for making up a fake quote from Ardern. Nothing like untruths to boost the campaign I guess.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ted-by-her-mps
    This is too funny. Criticising TWO MPs for repeating the PM slagging farming once again but a slight misquote, that did not change at all what they were pointing out. But you also made up in your one sentence that there were "several" MPs involved when the article you posted names TWO.

    "several
    adjective [ not gradable ]
    US /ˈsev·rəl, -ər·əl/

    (of an amount or number) more than two and fewer than many; some:"

  18. #6398
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    - putting up GST when he said he wouldn’t.
    Offset by a redcution in income tax. This was means tested across all earners and everyone was better off.

    The only people negatively effected by a GST increase combined with an income tax reduction, were those who were spending more than they earned. I would suggest if you were spending more than you earned you have bigger problems than JK tinkering with the tax system.

  19. #6399
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is too funny. Criticising TWO MPs for repeating the PM slagging farming once again but a slight misquote, that did not change at all what they were pointing out. But you also made up in your one sentence that there were "several" MPs involved when the article you posted names TWO.

    "several
    adjective [ not gradable ]
    US /ˈsev·rəl, -ər·əl/

    (of an amount or number) more than two and fewer than many; some:"
    LOL. There is no such thing as a "slight misquote". It is a misquote. Are you saying that what the MPs were "pointing out" justified their "slight" misquote? I hope not because that would be another step to dystopia for me!

    Anyway the misquote made by the MPs was not slight as it changed the meaning of what Ardern said in a significant way. It says a lot about Collins that she is prepared to let the misquotes by her MPs stand uncorrected. Maybe it is old fashioned to expect better from those seeking public office?

    I went to a school in the 1980's. We used British dictionaries back then. We learnt the origin of words. Several is derived from "separare" to "pull apart." So "several" could include anything more than the single unity. Maybe the meaning of several has evolved? One of the meanings of "several" was "some or an inexact amount fewer than many." A "couple" was always two.

    So I agree I could have been more specific and referred to two or a couple of MPs. I am not standing to be an MP though!

    BTW I am voting for neither The greens nor Labour. However I have not seen or read anything that leads me to the conclusion that Ardern has it in for farmers or farming specifically

    https://www.etymonline.com/word/several
    Last edited by Bjauck; 25-09-2020 at 05:33 PM.

  20. #6400
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    Offset by a redcution in income tax. This was means tested across all earners and everyone was better off.
    It was a broken promise though since he said he wouldn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    However I have not seen or read anything that leads me to the conclusion that Ardern has it in for farmers or farming specifically

    https://www.etymonline.com/word/several
    Foneterra has been reformed after poor oversight by national.
    Someone as PM who is respected overseas to sell our premium items.
    Consistently lower NZD than under the last mob.

    So there are plenty of reasons to stick with a team you are familiar with rather than take a chance.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 26-09-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •