sharetrader
Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164
Results 2,446 to 2,450 of 2450
    Ignorant. Just ignorant.

It's starting to look like 1974.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    It's starting to look like 1974.
    Is she shooting pigeons from the rooftop or something?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am not sure what your distinction is between principles and policy goals. Isnít it a requirement of all politicians who become cabinet ministers per Collective cabinet responsibility that personal policy goals and ideas need to be tempered with the need to co-operate with others to reach a consensus.

If Labour voters thinks that the balance of power in government has tilted too far in favour of NZF, then they can switch to National If they think National in government would be more likely to introduce Labour Party type policies....
    Obviously when there are none of your achievable policy goals in a political agreement you sign, you have no principles in politics. That's how I see our PM, she doesn't stand for anything.
    Duncan Garner sums it up well here : https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...itical-capital

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    She abandoned her principles when she signed the Coalition agreement with Winston First where he was handed all the power and given a few $ Billion slush fund while Labour gets very little and The Greens have been made a joke of. Now with CGT abandoned, we wait with interest to see what she is going to do, if anything, about her generation's "nuclear moment" , but I suspect Winnie will scuttle any attempt at that as well. I do note when she announced dropping CGT , her statement also included the environmental taxes the TWG recommended. Certainly nothing has happened yet, after 18 months in Government.
    Mr Jones is going to have a whole lot of trouble spending his re-election fund, especially now the OAG is watching. I expect to see big bucks tipped into the 'nuclear moment' black hole.

The Opposition is also watching, mostly keeping its power dry atm.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Is she shooting pigeons from the rooftop or something?
    Not that I'm aware of, but you do wonder who's got the little Black Book. . .