sharetrader
Page 554 of 697 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 6963
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Yeah but you're ignoring the good stuff I think.

The other side have no policies
    I heard one from Collins the other day - no one would escape quarantine under her watch bit like the eyebrows lie the other day - Judith thats like saying there will be no murders under her watch or no homelessness, what a stupid grand statement!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    At the Auckland conference a couple of days ago, Helen Clark was saying pretty much the same things needed to be done as John Key did. Of course she wasn't directly critical of her protege but agreed that the current situation is unsustainable economically ! Maybe the people you say don't listen to Key will listen to Clark !!

Yes agree with you, & I think they agreed on points about the quarantine choke point & need to find a solution to allow categories like international students in, using private sector partnerships to increase capacity. (Not so much about allowing uber rich Americans to buy NZ land).

Quarantine capacity is a problem with far more NZ'ers wanting too return than we expected due to our extraordinary success in eliminating Covid here (apart from those cases in quarantine). I think it's 7000 places but someone may correct me on that. Obviously returning NZ'ers have to take take priority before any other category.

Am quite sure the Govt will be working on looking at ways to expand capacity & relax the border restrictions, allowing international students in next year, but no doubt after the disastrous SERCO experiment under National with private sector run prisons (remember cell phone footage of fight clubs etc) & the disaster for Australia evolving out of private sector run quarantines in Victoria, finding ways to safely & reliably expand capacity is far from straightforward.

Keeping this invisible highly courageous threat out while allowing tens of thousands of people back into the country is extraordinarily difficult, extraordinary what we have achieved so far, may it last.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    JLR was one of your lot!
    Indeed he was ex National but so desperate are Labourites here to cloud the debate about how pathetic Comrade Cindy & her incompetents have been, no less than your good mate Blue Skies used JLR to try and score a point :

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Yes the ghastly way she was targeted & treated by the opposition & in particular Melissa Lee was despicable.
    As JLR said, they set out to destroy her personally (not her policies or arguments ) & when everyone could see she was down & in an extremely fragile state & vulnerable, instead of easing up Melissa Lee kept right on putting the boot in.
    It was awful to watch & I think a man would not have been treated with the same level of nastiness, certainly Todd Muller wasn't thank goodness.
    I could never have any respect for Melissa Lee after that.

There was also the National MP who had the affair with JLR, who was treated appallingly by the media.
    Unfortunately, he ended up (just like you now, tim23) scoring an own goal!

BTW : Melissa Lee does not exist - just a fickle of Blue Skies' imagination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And how despicable is it to quote the ultimate hypocrite and predator JLR to make a point?

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/investiga...nd-here-we-are

‘He said he’d destroy me ... and here we are’

"We all know about the spectacular downfall of National MP Jami-Lee Ross after a kamikaze attack on his own party and leader.

We know also about his affair, breakup and public targeting of fellow MP Sarah Dowie.

Dowie reveals her belief that Ross deliberately used the cloak of mental breakdown, and misused her text message, to try to deflect blame and accountability from himself after his failed attack in October 2018 on leader Simon Bridges.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-08-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Indeed he was ex National but so desperate are Labourites here to cloud the debate about how pathetic Comrade Cindy & her incompetents have been, no less than your good mate Blue Skies used JLR to try and score a point :

Unfortunately, he ended up (just like you now, tim23) scoring an own goal!

BTW : Melissa Lee does not exist - just a fickle of Blue Skies' imagination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And how despicable is it to quote the ultimate hypocrite and predator JLR to make a point?

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/investiga...nd-here-we-are

‘He said he’d destroy me ... and here we are’

"We all know about the spectacular downfall of National MP Jami-Lee Ross after a kamikaze attack on his own party and leader.

We know also about his affair, breakup and public targeting of fellow MP Sarah Dowie.

Dowie reveals her belief that Ross deliberately used the cloak of mental breakdown, and misused her text message, to try to deflect blame and accountability from himself after his failed attack in October 2018 on leader Simon Bridges.

You're obviously terribly confused Balance & your outrage knows no bounds.
    It's like poking a wasps nest with a stick which am sure some on here do just for amusement ( I would never do such a thing )

JLR ethics are irrelevant to the issue we're discussing, as most would comprehend, he just publicly outed the strategy by National to go after Curran, the weakest link, like a pack of hyenas lead by list MP Melissa Lee.
    Imo it went way past the level it needed to, with no regard for Curran's deteriorating mental health & safety.
    Of course it does not excuse or distract from any other repugnant behaviour & why you would even suggest that is strange.

BTW, Melissa Lee is a National list MP & spokesperson on broadcasting & a few other things. I think she would be a bit upset to hear anyone thinks she's a figment of someone's imagination.

Advanced Member

Looks like that rogue poll wasn’t so rouge afterall ....

PM Jacinda Ardern maintains ‘crushing’ lead over new National leader Judith Collins

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8...0-202008070802

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Looks like that rogue poll wasn’t so rouge afterall ....

PM Jacinda Ardern maintains ‘crushing’ lead over new National leader Judith Collins

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8...0-202008070802
    https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/7...7-201709151750

Advanced Member

Quoting a poll from 3 years ago rather than one released yesterday not sure what your trying ......

Dilettante

What ? Bullying in the Labour Party ? Surely not https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...know-her-place

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Quoting a poll from 3 years ago rather than one released yesterday not sure what your trying ......
    Being obtuse, clever (in their mind at least), diverting, weird - you name it!

Advanced Member

Interesting read in Herald premium, asset prices tend to do better under Labour...
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12355199