sharetrader
Page 136 of 697 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 6963
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Re ban on plastic bags

All of us should read this. It’s a pretty poor document .....stuff all real analysis or evaluation....and no doubt the decision has already been made

Maybe that’s how bad our public service has become

http://www.mfe.govt.nz/sites/default...tation-doc.pdf
    The times they are a changin
    Just skimmed it but good stuff, and about time.
    AMC a popular stock with investment advisors and one of the bigger packaging companies in the world is changing too. $16.5 billion company pledging to make all its packaging recyclable by 2025.

Join The Dots ,its so simple its complicated for people who won't , dont change their thinking, extreme narcissism?.

Veteran novice

Good grief! An executive decision to cease exploration for oil and gas; 57 pages of "consultation" waffle about a subject that NZ consumers and business generally agree is necessary and inevitable!

IMO

Excellent and thorough template. Setting up a flow through for all the rest to follow. No pleasing you armchair critics, you may find a hundred helium balloons taking you high at some point to get another angle

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Re ban on plastic bags

All of us should read this. It’s a pretty poor document .....stuff all real analysis or evaluation....and no doubt the decision has already been made

Maybe that’s how bad our public service has become

http://www.mfe.govt.nz/sites/default...tation-doc.pdf
    First rule of policy is to define the problem.

Looking at Fig 1 the problem (by weight - which reckon is the worst part as weight has to contain more pollution) is that the worst litterer of our coasts is Building materials and tyres, followed by bouys and floats. And then clothes, shoes and ropes. and then glass bottles and then plastic bottles.

Yawn - where are the plastic bags?

So I cant waste my time reading further as the proposed solution doesn't relate to the problem.

But because I am more green than the average Greeny I will read on. For a bit. And what do I find. Single use plastic bags are estimated to account for 0.01% of landfill. Seriously. We need a solution to this?. I'm no govt paid policy wonk but I reckon disposable nappies probably account for at least 1% of crap going into landfill - how-about we ban them

After that I'm afraid I've lost interest

IMO

some more informative views here from Brian Easton

‘Business Opinion’ is falling. Does it matter?
    "The world economy aside, the biggest pressure is almost certainly public sector wage demands which are news headlines but not generating much informed comment. Everyone knows the Richardson-Shipley slashing of benefits cut government spending, bedding in the low tax regime on high income recipients. Less appreciated is that, a few years earlier, the Lange-Douglas government had cut back public sector wages by changing public sector management (mainly via the State Sector Act and the Public Finance Act) with similar effect. The process of repressing public sector remuneration (except at the top) has been going on for three decades.

A generation later we are facing a public sector wage breakout which is adding to government spending pressures. It would be easy to say that the unions are taking advantage of a weak Labour Government, but the dam was leaking under the last National one. Perhaps there is a fundamental structural change going on; but what, why and where? This should leave one’s opinions thoughtful and certainly not complacent."

IMO

Wannabe lives it up with end to end rehearsal.

"Opposition leaders do tend to pay more dollars for crown limos than ministers, although Andrew Little as Opposition Leader spent $35,000 less than Mr Bridges over the same time last year. Mr Bridges also spent more than Bill English over the same period - and Mr English was Prime Minister at the time.

Leaked: Simon Bridges' roadshow has cost taxpayers $113k 1 hour ago It's three times as much as Andrew Little spent in the same time last year. It's even a bit more than the current Prime Minister spent in the first three months of this year."

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    some more informative views here from Brian Easton

‘Business Opinion’ is falling. Does it matter?
    "The world economy aside, the biggest pressure is almost certainly ……..
    Doesnt matter how you end the sentence the government has to manage it - same way National had to manage a GFC or a Christchurch earthquakes.

So far we have ban bin liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Wannabe lives it up with end to end rehearsal.

"Opposition leaders do tend to pay more dollars for crown limos than ministers, although Andrew Little as Opposition Leader spent $35,000 less than Mr Bridges over the same time last year. Mr Bridges also spent more than Bill English over the same period - and Mr English was Prime Minister at the time.

Leaked: Simon Bridges' roadshow has cost taxpayers $113k 1 hour ago It's three times as much as Andrew Little spent in the same time last year. It's even a bit more than the current Prime Minister spent in the first three months of this year."
    Nice distraction Tova. And "no", we arent really interested in your opinion. Howabout sticking to reporting real news. Like Turkeys meltdown with USA

IMO

Reminds me of an elderly relative at an art exhibition, " i could have done that"

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Nice distraction Tova. And "no", we arent really interested in your opinion. Howabout sticking to reporting real news. Like Turkeys meltdown with USA
    Really he went around and preached to the converted, National party supporters, really a party related cost one would think.

Business confidence does matter people.. when it reflects non profits and businesses having to consider closing as they can not on charge min age, pay parity payments or source staff..the country has a problem...

Yet its all about Auckland house prices could drop 5%...

Plus the forex certainly produces winner and losers....

Why is there no informed debate now in this country..all these media commentators are the so called experts on everything and no experts on issues of significance in the media...