sharetrader
Page 311 of 322 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 6433
  1. #6201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    No party should be announcing this type of confirmed funding while on the campaign trail.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-heral...cash-injection

  2. #6202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I see Judith no longer says we should open the borders no matter what.
    When did she state that they should be open no matter what? I've heard this narrative repeated, but I haven't found the quote to match it.

  3. #6203
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    3,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    When did she state that they should be open no matter what? I've heard this narrative repeated, but I haven't found the quote to match it.
    She or National have never said that but the Jacinda brigade falsely repeat it again and again

  4. #6204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    She or National have never said that but the Jacinda brigade falsely repeat it again and again
    A bit like the National Facebook attack adds - full of false messages.

  5. #6205
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    A bit like the National Facebook attack adds - full of false messages.
    Post one false message as an example.

    Vs relaxing border restrictions on rugby after being caught lying. Thatís Cindy.

  6. #6206
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,948

    Default

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...economist-says

    True state of labour market masked by wage subsidy - very convenient for lying Cindy.

  7. #6207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Post one false message as an example.

    Vs relaxing border restrictions on rugby after being caught lying. That’s Cindy.
    I don't collect them and have trained Facebook to not show them to me anymore.
    A recent example was showing Jacinda uttering 'capital gains tax' - out of context and time but implying that it is recent and something that Labour is still thinking of.
    They have also been very good at taking snippets from parliament speeches and editing out of context.
    If you haven't heard of this then you need to listen outside of your echo chamber.

  8. #6208
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,948

    Default

    deleted deleted
    Last edited by Balance; 17-09-2020 at 07:16 AM.

  9. #6209
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    When did she state that they should be open no matter what? I've heard this narrative repeated, but I haven't found the quote to match it.
    As early as Feb her party was saying "we can't stay locked up in this country forever", "A vaccine is not a plan". It was appealing to the talkback radio crowd rather than proper health advice and disappointing to see.

  10. #6210
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    As early as Feb her party was saying "we can't stay locked up in this country forever", "A vaccine is not a plan". It was appealing to the talkback radio crowd rather than proper health advice and disappointing to see.
    Those statements are true. There may never be a vaccine. And we can't stay locked up for ever.

    What is Labour's plan to exit a never ending cycle of lockdowns?

  11. #6211
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Tests with instant results maybe.?

    We can wait for that as well as a vaccine.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 16-09-2020 at 03:45 PM.

  12. #6212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    As early as Feb her party was saying "we can't stay locked up in this country forever", "A vaccine is not a plan". It was appealing to the talkback radio crowd rather than proper health advice and disappointing to see.
    Judith has consistently advocated for opening the borders in a safe manner, which is not the same as opening the borders up completely, which is the unsupported narrative being pushed on social media and being spoken by a segment of the general public. She's right, we can't stay locked up forever, and we do need a plan should a vaccine not become available either in the short or unfortunately long-term.

    Even Jacinda has acknowledged this and is now stating that she had begun discussing this very proposal on September 10th.

  13. #6213
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Judith has consistently advocated for opening the borders in a safe manner, which is not the same as opening the borders up completely, which is the unsupported narrative being pushed on social media and being spoken by a segment of the general public. She's right, we can't stay locked up forever, and we do need a plan should a vaccine not become available either in the short or unfortunately long-term.

    Even Jacinda has acknowledged this and is now stating that she had begun discussing this very proposal on September 10th.
    Cindy is very fast to open up the borders for the 2 rugby matches - even to the extent of calling the Oz PM.

    One must wonder why?

  14. #6214
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Masterton, , NZ.
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Cindy is very fast to open up the borders for the 2 rugby matches - even to the extent of calling the Oz PM.

    One must wonder why?
    Maybe she likes rugby?

  15. #6215
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Maybe she likes rugby?
    Good answer. Means she likes lying through her teeth as well. .
    Last edited by Balance; 16-09-2020 at 07:28 PM.

  16. #6216
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Woods
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Maybe she likes rugby?

  17. #6217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Cindy is very fast to open up the borders for the 2 rugby matches - even to the extent of calling the Oz PM.

    One must wonder why?
    In one case you get people from 2 teams where members already have covid and the countries have a lot of community cases.
    In the other you have a team from a country which, apart from Vic, is in a similar situation to us.
    I'm sure you can see that this is a pragmatic, risk based approach - like what you have been asking them for.
    They give you what you want and you complain, can't help some people.

  18. #6218
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    In one case you get people from 2 teams where members already have covid and the countries have a lot of community cases.
    In the other you have a team from a country which, apart from Vic, is in a similar situation to us.
    I'm sure you can see that this is a pragmatic, risk based approach - like what you have been asking them for.
    They give you what you want and you complain, can't help some people.
    She lied about how NZ lost the hosting of the RC.

    Enough said.

  19. #6219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Judith has consistently advocated for opening the borders in a safe manner, which is not the same as opening the borders up completely, which is the unsupported narrative being pushed on social media and being spoken by a segment of the general public.
    I was wrong to say that she wanted the borders opened 'no matter what'.
    Judith has consistently made a lot of noise about the border needing to be open.
    She later toned it down that they would do so if it could be done safely (same as Labour).
    In June National wanted students back in. In August Judith distanced herself from that policy.
    They are making a lot of noise with no skin in the game - they talk the talk whereas Labour, being the ones running the show, have to walk the walk.

  20. #6220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    She lied about how NZ lost the hosting of the RC.

    Enough said.
    So you agree that Labour adopted a pragmatic, risk based approach to the Aussie and the Bledisloe Cup?
    Now you beef is different.
    Make up your mind.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •