sharetrader
Page 232 of 697 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    National are becoming more and more trump like every day and less relevant too with their "wolf" stories.
    Do you have any alternative employment figures. Or is "Trump" the best rebuttal you have?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Pretty inconsiderate comment. City dweller without a clue how life is in the countryside where the people live who's work allows you to enjoy your latte ...?

We do live in the country and most people around here need to drive into the next township (12km), community town (20 km) or city (40 km) for work, to get to the doctor, to see the council, for shopping or even to get to WINZ appointments. They need a car to pick up children after school events.

There used to be no public transport at all - at current there is one bus in the morning and one in the evening going though the township - and it might not bring you to where you want to go.

Even the next kindy is 12 km away - do you expect 4 year olds to drive with a bicycle down the highway to get there?

And we don't even live particularly isolated - many others are worse off. Does Labour really want everybody to move to South Auckland to have the WINZ office and public transport directly in front of the house door and to increase the number of unemployed people?

Cindy's tax hikes do bite around here - and they bite ordinary people. But hey - why should a Labour supporter care for ordinary people, particularly if they live in the country side? Just drink another latte in the cafe around the corner and discuss how you can still increase the pain and sufferering of the rural communities. Just cash cows living there - isn't it?

I guess there must be a reason most people around here vote National. They understand real life.
    I milked cows after school for a few years, born in a rural area. Took a calf to calf club. I have a bit of an idea on rural life, but we were on a state highway. I think if you add RUC to diesel prices, it's still cheaper than petrol, maybe by not as much as it used to be. But everyone using the roads should pay for that privilege, that's what I think. For rural councils, it's always been a huge part of their costs, extending the sealed roads just past the local National MP's farm gate in my experience (or sub-substitute other power brokers). But Minimoke, you're perhaps part of the big game, waiting for capital gain on a block of land, the equivalent of owning a block of flats or two in town. Not exciting on a daily basis, very exciting at the end. I'll wait and see what tax rate the tax working group suggests on the CGT, and I would expect it to be a lot lower than normal income tax rates, simply because much of it is not real, it's simply inflation. But if inflation is taken out, that's a real gain, and that should be taxed.

IMO

Poll puts Labour ahead of Nats for first time in 12 years

Unfort polls are few and far between these days compared with the past so to be taken with again of salt. Need a few more to be convincing of a trend.

"So what are the numbers? Labour is on 47.5 per cent in the poll and National on 41.6 per cent. Bridges' preferred prime minister rating has sunk to 5 per cent, against Labour leader Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on 41.8. "

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Poll puts Labour ahead of Nats for first time in 12 years

Unfort polls are few and far between these days compared with the past so to be taken with again of salt. Need a few more to be convincing of a trend.

"So what are the numbers? Labour is on 47.5 per cent in the poll and National on 41.6 per cent. Bridges' preferred prime minister rating has sunk to 5 per cent, against Labour leader Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on 41.8. "
    Bridges poll result doesnt surprise me - I though Collins should have been put in as leader for teh first two years in opposition.

But what does surprise me is the extent of Labours lead. Maybe it was teh Christmas holidays and those polled had forgotten about Stroubek and Kiwibuild details weren't out, and they didn't mind teh fuel increases, or seedlings being composted etc etc. There wasn't really any positive news for Labour to give them such a boost

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Bridges poll result doesnt surprise me - I though Collins should have been put in as leader for teh first two years in opposition.

But what does surprise me is the extent of Labours lead. Maybe it was teh Christmas holidays and those polled had forgotten about Stroubek and Kiwibuild details weren't out, and they didn't mind teh fuel increases, or seedlings being composted etc etc. There wasn't really any positive news for Labour to give them such a boost
    Just one of those rogue polls minimoke
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

Just lets think back 3 years. How did Labour poll 20 months before the 2016 elections? Did they reach 30%? ... and who is these days running the government?

National has in the same situation early 2019 (i. e. ~20 months prior to the 2020 elections) more than 40%. One of the reasons for the better result is probably that National didn't manage to find a leader able to resemble Little.

Now they just need to pull 2 months before the elections a smooth speaker out of the hat and the election is theirs ...

But no, seriously - I think they can do better.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

They sure can. For example drug reform - its not at all.

Legend

Just lets think back 3 years. How did Labour poll 20 months before the 2016 elections? Did they reach 30%? ... and who is these days running the government?

National has in the same situation early 2019 (i. e. ~20 months prior to the 2020 elections) more than 40%. One of the reasons for the better result is probably that National didn't manage to find a leader able to resemble Little.

Now they just need to pull 2 months before the elections a smooth speaker out of the hat and the election is theirs ...

Simon needs to produce a baby.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just one of those rogue polls minimoke
    It's a bit tough on Simon. Frankly I'd like to see him stay there as their leader. He needs time to juggle those minority National List MPs and candidates and gather up some party funds. He's on record about that of course. Judith Collins doesn't have an unblemished record either. So the next year and a bit will be interesting.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...shub-poll.html

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Simon needs to produce a baby.
    I'm sure Labours labour tacticians are calculating when the best time for Jacindas next one is. Is new born or expecting mum more popular?