sharetrader
Page 643 of 697 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I wouldn't step outside of an urban area and expound such nonsense if I were you Panda....not if you like drawing breath. If your arrogance, bigotry and outright stupidity is widespread within Labour supporters we are in deeper **** than I thought possible.
    More low quality discussion, name-calling and putting down someone you don’t agree with. Why is what Panda saying nonsense? Let’s discuss issues in a calm reasoned way rather than getting emotional.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I wouldn't step outside of an urban area and expound such nonsense if I were you Panda....not if you like drawing breath. If your arrogance, bigotry and outright stupidity is widespread within Labour supporters we are in deeper **** than I thought possible.
    I live in a suburban community with strong links to agriculture actually.

Take a look at fonterra, sadly a real mess under the last team of people It's important to learn some lessons which is that farmers don't know it all strangely enough.

City and rural people help each other and division helps no one.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 28-09-2020 at 02:49 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    More low quality discussion, name-calling and putting down someone you don’t agree with. Why is what Panda saying nonsense? Let’s discuss issues in a calm reasoned way rather than getting emotional.
    I figured reading Panda's post would have told you all you need to know in terms of nonsense. Lumping farmers into one ignorant group (gee, sounds like more of the left fixation on identity politics) who apparently need all those clever suburban folk to run their lives for them....give me strength.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I live in a suburban community with strong links to agriculture actually.

Take a look at fonterra, sadly a real mess under the last team of people It's important to learn some lessons which is that farmers don't know it all strangely enough.

City and rural people help each other and division helps no one.
    So why are you telling farmers (not all of whom have anything to do with Fonterra by the way) that they need clever little suburban pandas to run their lives for them?

Further more, aspects of the abject nonsense of the water quality regulations, stand to make a massive proportion of currently farmed land unfarmable. Probably a deliberate tactic that Labour/Greens will back pedal on to appear reasonable. Clear and transparent....sure Cindy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And don't forget the 'wealth tax' bottom line which has become yet another BS platitude from the hypocritical Greens.
    The bottom line that they don't have.
    They have said many times that it isn't a bottom line and that they don't have 'bottom lines' when it comes to negotiating.
    One person says it once when she shouldn't and you stop listening - you have the 'evidence' you want.
    Very shallow thinking.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    They have said many times that it isn't a bottom line and that they don't have 'bottom lines' when it comes to negotiating.
    One person says it once when she shouldn't and you stop listening - you have the 'evidence' you want.
    Very shallow thinking.
    The mere fact they have wealth tax on their wish list is frightening enough.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The mere fact they have wealth tax on their wish list is frightening enough.
    Alternatives or amendments to our current taxation system would make an interesting thread in its own right.
    A wealth Tax has some merit, as does a comprehensive CGT but, as always, the devil is in the actual detail.

Legend

Alternatives or amendments to our current taxation system would make an interesting thread in its own right.
    A wealth Tax has some merit, as does a comprehensive CGT but, as always, the devil is in the actual detail.
    Think about having to assess everyone's net wealth annually including the paintings on the wall, vehicles, ip, etc, then ask yourself how do you tax someone with plenty of assets and limited income; a common situation. The answers tell you why wealth taxes have never been sucessful, and never will be.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 28-09-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Advanced Member

Very shallow thinking.
    That 'one person' is a Minister of the Crown. Not some random member of the public or even the party. There has to be a suspicion that a bottom line has been discussed in the Green caucus, beggars belief the Minister made it up completely out of the blue. Of course it may have been the Minister's wishful thinking. There's been a bit of that in her party of late.

Advanced Member

France discovered the downside of a wealth tax rather quickly. Capital is highly mobile these days.

Labour's CGT policy had a wide range of exemptions, some of which were added on the fly when people complained. What would you consider should be included or excluded in a 'comprehensive CGT'?