sharetrader
Page 502 of 697 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnz View Post
    So have I got this right, the bloke who is responsible for the running of our education system is now also responsible for the running our health system. That seems like an awful lot of work/responsibility what does everyone else in the red team do?

Frankly the really worrying thing is that if the blue team were running the place I am not at all confident that a similar outcome wouldn't occur.
    He's also the leader of the house and Minister for State Services (I think).
    Top dude!
    His 1st task is to check contract tracing is still OK.
    He's on to it.

For the first time, I feel sorry for David Clark as he fronted up to announce his resignation.

Comrade Cindy did not have the grace to front with him and offer some kind words.

Instead, she held a separate media briefing - so she is in his presence and so, is not associated with all the failures which are now heaped on Clark.

As cynical as you can ever get.
    Last edited by Balance; 02-07-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I live in Dunedin and this possibly may have an impact on election day, although the extent of which at this stage difficult to determine. As I indicated in an earlier
    post the old Dunedin South Electorate has had its boundaries changed to include more rural areas. The incumbent is not standing at the election and an out of towner., Ingrid Leary, has been parachuted in to stand for Labour. In my opinion she has not made an impact in the electorate. The risk is many could resent, once again, of being taken for granted and its possible NZ First could take advantage of this. The candidate is a South Otago farmer.
    As for Dunedin North David Clark will probably get in BUT I am sure many may find it hard to tick the box next to his name. The other factor is that because Dunedin has been such a Labour fortress many have the expectation that their MPs become cabinet ministers, e.g Michael Cullen, David Benson Pope, Pete Hodgson etc. Neither candidate has the prospect , I presume of being in Cabinet after the election.
    Because of all these factors Labour would be well advised to have Jacinda personally come and visit both electorates during the election, otherwise an upset is on the cards
    Just my, on the ground in the electorate , opinion, what do others think?
    Good and interesting post Sgt Pepper

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Top dude!
    He's on to it.
    I see the Housing Minister says they are going to urgently reinstate compassionate leave, but safely this time. This is nuts. Do the time. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Top dude!
    He's on to it.
    That’s what you wrote about David Clark!

Guru

So it's official. Cindy had no options open to her to promote someone, so she has overloaded Chris Hipkins. Not since 1935 has both Health and Education been held by the same Minister.

Mr Hipkins admits to having no health sector experience. Go Cindy...you've got this!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    So it's official. Cindy had no options open to her to promote someone, so she has overloaded Chris Hipkins. Not since 1935 has both Health and Education been held by the same Minister.

Mr Hipkins admits to having no health sector experience. Go Cindy...you've got this!
    Yup, Comrade Cindy - let’s do this!

What a load of crock.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Clare Curran and David Clark, neither one has done any favours for Dunedin. It doesn't seem to matter. The voters inexplicably stick firmly to Labour. They even had Brian MacDonell for twenty odd years, and he did absolutely nothing ever!! !
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...-he-s-achieved

Oh dear for David Clark!

Supports your contention however that Labour could put someone useless like David Clark back again and he would still romp home easily.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Clare Curran and David Clark, neither one has done any favours for Dunedin. It doesn't seem to matter. The voters inexplicably stick firmly to Labour. They even had Brian MacDonell for twenty odd years, and he did absolutely nothing ever!! With a change to electorate boundaries there is a possibility that the new Taieri seat may give National a look in. Not so sure about the new seat just called Dunedin. Clark will hang on there. NZ First candidate won't figure in the election. I can't think why Jacinda would make much difference by visiting those electorates. The only audience she would attract would be old age pensioners who are died in the wool Labour voters anyway. The only party leader who ever motivated the masses in Dunedin enough to fill the town hall was Piggy Muldoon 'cos the students popped along to heckle and get insults hurled back at them. Great sport that was!
    Policies against the TPP which would have been a poor choice for tech and most other non-dairy industries.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Question of the day :

If NZ is boasting of successfully containing & managing the virus outbreak, why has the Health Minister resigned?

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/politics/...clark-keep-job

A week seems a long time ago for the ever cynical one :

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says under-fire Health Minister David Clark will keep his job. Asked if she Dr Clark would keep his job at least until the election, she confirmed he would.

She said he had been part of a team which had successfully fought Covid-19.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-07-2020 at 08:28 AM.