sharetrader
Page 215 of 697 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Big Tick
    Eighty new constables graduate tomorrow
    "This graduation marks the milestone of more than 1,000 recruits to graduate in the past 14 months."
    I can use the same argument here. How many extra police does that put on the street after replacing those that have retired and resigned.

Mind you they will need them to police the speed limit in the Auckland streets in the near future. Real crime will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    saving us citizens $100 mill or so, great stuff.
    ACC is a pretty simple scheme. If there are $100m worth of accident costs ACC has to collect $100m of levies from motorists.Those costs can be collected today or tomorrow. Doesnt matter - but they will be collected

Whats Ian Lees Galloway hiding? When you make a submission to Govt your name becomes public - its searchable in the records. For some reason he is hiding he names of people who made submissions on behalf of Scroubek. Why was Richie Hardcore (Jacindas BFF) named in parliament today?

IMO

Are you guys paid to do this or just wearing the same tinted glasses as BC.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Whats Ian Lees Galloway hiding? When you make a submission to Govt your name becomes public - its searchable in the records. For some reason he is hiding he names of people who made submissions on behalf of Scroubek. Why was Richie Hardcore (Jacindas BFF) named in parliament today?
    See hor Hardcore got his name now (not his real name is it)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12175727
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    See hor Hardcore got his name now (not his real name is it)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12175727
    Looks like Jacinda and Lees Galloway have misled parliament. Time for Mallard to get independent and seek a review of the answers to questions in teh house, who the submitters were and just how they influenced Adern who then plainly has given a nod to Lees Galloway.

How many favours does Adern owe to Mates. She was caught trying to get Drongo Handley a job, now trying to keep Sroubek in the country,

Seems to me in one week Adern has shown herself to be a racist, a sexist, and a liar.

Its hard to contemplate but maybe Winston is teh only honest senior politician in our government.

Membaa

This'll get the self righteous anti government tribe crowing from the roof tops https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...p-under-labour

Pity is that at even these salary levels there are bugger all decent applicants for jobs and way less successful placements. Government is competing in a hot employment market, they're on the back foot attracting competent talent to key roles mainly due to inadequate remuneration.

In spite of that they belligerently persist with "it's not about the money (yeah right), it's about the good we're doing and your contribution to society". Well good luck with that. Government in this job climate progressively detriment recruitment policies to ultimately attract the least capable, and place them creating a workforce delivering ever decreasing minimal outcomes.

Don't ask me how I know, I'm not telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    This'll get the self righteous anti government tribe crowing from the roof tops https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...p-under-labour

Pity is that at even these salary levels there are bugger all decent applicants for jobs and way less successful placements. Government is competing in a hot employment market, they're on the back foot attracting competent talent to key roles mainly due to inadequate remuneration.

In spite of that they belligerently persist with "it's not about the money (yeah right), it's about the good we're doing and your contribution to society". Well good luck with that. Government in this job climate progressively detriment recruitment policies to ultimately attract the least capable, and place them creating a workforce delivering ever decreasing minimal outcomes.

Don't ask me how I know, I'm not telling.

It is chump change for highly skilled people however for those that are looking for the average & mid range professional job it often pays better combined with conditions than the private sector...crowding out from that level down is growing..even at the lower social level jobs they farm out to the Ngo's... the funding difference and as a consequence remuneration able to be offered is marked.

What is worse is the closed thinking that comes from their numbers increasing...

Dislike attending events with theses pc people living in their small bubbles working the social engineering ideals and have no idea of the wider world we actually live in and have to consider.
    Last edited by Raz; 14-12-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Dilettante

I think we all should be concerned that in one year this Government has increased the number of public servants by 5.2% and spends about $700k a day on enquiries. These are not insignificant numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

They don't get decent applicants because they don't have decent jobs.

Sensible rational people just want to get on with what it is they enjoy doing and what they are good at. They don't want to be bogged down in beacracracy and platitudes. You couldn't pay me enough to join the public service. I have zero interest in attending a powhiri every time a new staff member starts and the rest of the clap trap that goes on that doesn't focus on working on core business. Jump on a plane and spot all those with some great hunk of bone or stone hanging around their necks (Yes I'm looking at you white boy) and you know where they are heading. And I would stuff their sick leave stats - an average of 8.4 days a year. They are having a laugh. I'm not sure I've had 8.4 days in my whole working life - and that is pretty long.

I have relatives who have worked for the same government dept in the same town for decades and I realise its a safety net for the unambitious. Its a worry that govt is increasing in numbers - I doubt we are seeing a comparitv improvement in services the public receive.

(Disc - used to be a public servant. But that was back in the day when women got paid the same, we worked equally along side Maori /PI's, nothing much was thought of the gay and transvestites we worked with, and the chicks were the sexual pursuers.)