sharetrader
Page 64 of 697 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164564 ... LastLast
    IMO

Sounds like a common sense win/win all-round to me

"In MARCH ast year, the Productivity Commission gave an example of how that might work.

If the land value of a property benefiting from a new rail link increased in value from $100,000 to $250,000 over five years – a 150 per cent increase compared with a rise of 120 per cent in land values in the wider area – a tax could be levied on the $30,000 gain attributable to the infrastructure improvements.
    The tax could be levied alongside of rates, the commission suggested."
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 13-03-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wonder if you will get a tax rebate if say for instance a new bypass devalues your property price
    Bound to, winner. This is a fair, progressive government, isn't it?

Guru

Interesting isn't it. The duplicity of the Labour Party. With the Chris Bishop nothing burger (check the timing too... so now we know why that was put out there) the Labour Party encourages the snapchat parents to come forward and tell the media and yet they believe when real sexual assault happens the parents are not to be told and they cover up what happened so that the media does not get wind of it. Great transparency and accountability here Labour and Miss Jacinda!.

A free from political interference police investigation into this sordid affair

Probably only a sick mischief maker starting that rumour the 20 year old involved was the son of a Labour Minister .....but makes you wonder

One should not wonder or speculate though ....the only thing for sure is that Jacinda must be furious as

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12012492
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I'm struggling to believe the PM was not aware before the other day. Andrew Kirton was at the camp. MP Tamait Coffey was there, MP Liz Craig was there. MP Angie Warrant Clark was there the day the guy got booted out. Other Labour MP's had been at the camp including Peeni Henara and Nathaniel Blomfield. Andrew Kirton was told on 13 February and Labour PArty President Nigel Howart on 14 Feb (along with the VP Beth Houston). And not one of these people apparently thought the PM would want to know about 4 sexual assaults occurring at an event she attended. I'm not that stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm struggling to believe the PM was not aware before the other day. Andrew Kirton was at the camp. MP Tamait Coffey was there, MP Liz Craig was there. MP Angie Warrant Clark was there the day the guy got booted out. Other Labour MP's had been at the camp including Peeni Henara and Nathaniel Blomfield. Andrew Kirton was told on 13 February and Labour PArty President Nigel Howart on 14 Feb (along with the VP Beth Houston). And not one of these people apparently thought the PM would want to know about 4 sexual assaults occurring at an event she attended. I'm not that stupid!
    Seems a lot of people knew .....wonder if EZ knew ..... his part of the world
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Just imagine if this had been a National Party incident, we would have to be listening to the obvious group on this thread calling those in charge liars.

Minimoke is on the money in my opinion. They just hoped it would not get out. Their handling of it is as bad of the incident itself.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    but one of the people in charge of looking after the attendees' behaviour went to bed at 9pm.
    That sounds suspicious to me as well. What young person goes to bed at 9.00pm, let alone when there is a party going on. Now I'm wondering if that person went to bed alone.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Just imagine if this had been a National Party incident, we would have to be listening to the obvious group on this thread calling those in charge liars.

Minimoke is on the money in my opinion. They just hoped it would not get out. Their handling of it is as bad of the incident itself.
    Former Act and National leader Don Brash has criticised the level of media coverage of the alleged indecent assaults at a Young Labour summer school, saying it was being overplayed in light of other world news.
    "Any kind of sexual harassment is wrong and I don't want to diminish that. I was just irritated that literally every news bulletin I listened to between 9am and noon, the first item was about this particular issue. To make this the primary news item for days on end seems to me to be overplaying it." etc.

I am in agreement with Brash on this. A media frenzy over a relatively minor booze fuelled incident.
    With virtually all media now in the hands of woman editors and reporters (no talk of equality in the media industry) any incident involving a man will receive more coverage than it deserves and because the Labour party is involved whoopee !
    National would have employed public relations spin doctors and shut it down.
    westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

I am in agreement with Brash on this. A media frenzy over a relatively minor booze fuelled incident.
    I don't call the alleged sexual assault of four children a minor incident. They ought to have been in a safe environment with supervisors doing their job - which includes the management of alcohol consumption.