sharetrader
Page 329 of 697 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 6963
    Permanent Newbie

National at it again being mischievous.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp

At least Labour is up front and honest announcing the election day and immediately after announcing a lot of infrastructure projects. Not vote buying as such if the projects were going to go ahead anyway but nicely timed to pump up the feel good for labour. I only hope they didn't slow down the roading projects to time this with the election as this would have them putting their own interests ahead of the people of NZ.

But on the face of it National is starting to come across as being dishonest and underhand. National have more support than any other party but the way they are conducting themselves may not do them any favours with the electorate as Kiwis have tended to not like dishonesty in our politicians (c.f. the rest of the world)

That said the dancing Cossacks worked a treat for Robert Muldoon in 1975. Sadly if it hadn't I may not have upset so many posters discussing national superannuation on this site.

Ironic because in some ways to me the Muldoon era was the closest to state control we have ever come with wage and price freezes and think big projects etc.

https://nzhistory.govt.nz/media/video/dancing-cossacks

National superannuation "paid out as it comes in so not affected by inflation" nice one Rob.
    Last edited by Aaron; 31-01-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    National at it again being mischievous.

At least Labour is up front and honest announcing the election day and immediately after announcing a lot of infrastructure projects. Not vote buying as such if the projects were going to go ahead anyway but nicely timed to pump up the feel good for labour. I only hope they didn't slow down the roading projects to time this with the election as this would have them putting their own interests ahead of the people of NZ.

But on the face of it National is starting to come across as being dishonest and underhand. National have more support than any other party but the way they are conducting themselves may not do them any favours with the electorate as Kiwis have tended to not like dishonesty in our politicians (c.f. the rest of the world)

That said the dancing Cossacks worked a treat for Robert Muldoon in 1975. Sadly if it hadn't I may not have upset so many posters discussing national superannuation on this site.

Ironic because in some ways to me the Muldoon era was the closest to state control we have ever come with wage and price freezes and think big projects etc.

https://nzhistory.govt.nz/media/video/dancing-cossacks

National superannuation "paid out as it comes in so not affected by inflation" nice one Rob.
    Haha. You are funny Aaron. John Key introduced this announcing early of election dates and Jacinda is simply following in his footsteps. Stopping the National Roads of Significance project as soon Jacinda/Winston came to power and not starting ONE new roading project in 2 years, then dusting it off and bringing back out a few months before the election, with again no new roads starting before the election, is a cynical bribery like only Labour can do. A bit like Helen Clark did with the interest free student loans. But she can just smile and hug and all is good.

IMO

Yes national are stooping in an attempt to conquer. Unfortunately it just build s on the unscrupulous way they are attempting to manipulate and dumb down the populace along with some media radio and TV stooges hosings, du please, garnish etc. Playing dirty and treating kiwis as naive and dumb is a big backfire imo and deservedly so. hang on to bridges as long as you can national, that hole is becoming "entrenched".

Dilettante

Interesting to see where all the bribes/promises are going on roading. We here in Nelson/Tasman, with 2% of the population and growing fast (both population and congestion), get ZERO. Meanwhile much slower growing areas like Wairarapa, Palmerston North, Northland, Gisborne and Whanganui get lots. Of course this has nothing to do with which areas corrupt Winnie or Labour see the election being fought in ! Hand me another Tui

Com’on Iceman that is a bit harsh. They probably just started at the top divvying out the money and then found they had run out by the time they got to Wellington. I am sure it had nothing to do with the lower voter numbers down here - or the fact that Bridges doesn’t think his own Nelson - West Coast candidates could run a pissup in a brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interesting to see where all the bribes/promises are going on roading. We here in Nelson/Tasman, with 2% of the population and growing fast (both population and congestion), get ZERO. Meanwhile much slower growing areas like Wairarapa, Palmerston North, Northland, Gisborne and Whanganui get lots. Of course this has nothing to do with which areas corrupt Winnie or Labour see the election being fought in ! Hand me another Tui
    Well, it certainly looks like they try to optimize the impact of their election lolly scramble. Everybody needs to pay for the lollies, but they are clearly only spread in districts where they hope to regain a seat.

South Island overall gets hardly anything from the lolly scramble despite containing some of the fastest growing regions in NZ. You are right to point out the unfairness related to Nelson, but some others are still worse off. Canterbury has roughly 10% of the NZ population and contains some of NZ's fastest growing districts (e.g.
    Selwyn) with significant traffic issues. Government gives us only 2.5% of the funds.

I guess this will teach us to vote for National - or will it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Haha. You are funny Aaron. John Key introduced this announcing early of election dates and Jacinda is simply following in his footsteps. Stopping the National Roads of Significance project as soon Jacinda/Winston came to power and not starting ONE new roading project in 2 years, then dusting it off and bringing back out a few months before the election, with again no new roads starting before the election, is a cynical bribery like only Labour can do. A bit like Helen Clark did with the interest free student loans. But she can just smile and hug and all is good.
    I’ll never forget the 10 bridges National promised for the North. Just plain wrong.
    National and Lab. equally bad with the bribes in my book.

Advanced Member

Plenty of time before the election Iceman. You may yet get some attention.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I’ll never forget the 10 bridges National promised for the North. Just plain wrong.
    National and Lab. equally bad with the bribes in my book.
    That was so bad I voted for Winston in the by-election. After holding the Northland seat for as long as I can remember they suddenly thought up grading 10 bridges was a good idea just before the by-election. Never mind all the decades prior when they held the seat.
    It would seem National doesn't reward its voters for the safe seat but takes them for granted until they think they need to buy their votes.
    Last edited by Aaron; 02-02-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Good Labour man Mike Moore dies

Good guy was Mike

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/119...e-dies-aged-71
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”