sharetrader
Page 337 of 697 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 6963
    Membaa

Another fail, good grief. The Greens will be livid, looks like a pathway to a coalition conundrum (breakdown?). So many fails, Jacinda will be spewing.

The Government's headline policy to cut the price of electric vehicles by up to $8000 has stalled in first gear after NZ First ministers halted it.

Even the good stuff is getting shafted by this coalition, Joshua will be spewing as well. The dog (Winston) is wagging the tail (Labour), plain and simple.

In an election year!

IMO

Aussies taking note of Jacinda. In the Australiian yest 20th. great read.

"Chalmers channels Ardern" by Geoff Chambers
    In a speech owned night the opposition treasury spokesman championed Ms adorns budget process, which he said redefines what success means in terms of economic outcomes" etc

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Got it bang on - want to make a bet (with proof) as to how well I read it?

Advised a good friend of mine to put in a tender bid at 15% below valuation in Feb 2019, he got it (and almost panicked) and has just been offered 25% more than what he paid for it less than a year ago.

It’s all about timing and watching the timing.
    Balance

"I think the downtrend will continue into 2021."

Donate $5000 to any honest charity and, put your case forward to be a candidate for your favourite party, you are perfect.

Dilettante

and now this. Never ending broken promises for a Coalition of non achievers : https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/119...o-the-election

EDIT: sorry Baa Baa. Had not seen your post 3361 when I posted this
    Last edited by iceman; 22-02-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Balance

"I think the downtrend will continue into 2021."

Donate $5000 to any honest charity and, put your case forward to be a candidate for your favourite party, you are perfect.
    Yup - and what were the underlying rationales (which actually changed in 2020) for expecting the downturn to continue into 2021?

Cannot expect a Cindy fan who swallows her BS whole to understand that though.

One word - KIWIBUILD.

Complete failure to deliver on housing - total & complete fail.

So what is sweet Cindy going to campaign on? Let's NOT do housing!

https://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/1...inges-strength

Labour will be stuck between a rock and a hard place campaigning on housing issues ahead of the election.
    On the one hand it has house price growth to thank for the strengthening economy. On the other, it has house price growth to blame for making life more difficult for the most vulnerable in society it pledged to protect.

Legend

Complete failure to deliver on housing - total & complete fail.

So what is sweet Cindy going to campaign on? Let's NOT do housing!

https://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/1...inges-strength

Labour will be stuck between a rock and a hard place campaigning on housing issues ahead of the election.
    On the one hand it has house price growth to thank for the strengthening economy. On the other, it has house price growth to blame for making life more difficult for the most vulnerable in society it pledged to protect.
    Time for National to find a new leader, and if they do they will fly in. If they don't - they deserve to lose. Nothing against Simon, but he's in the wrong role.

IMO

Yup - and what were the underlying rationales (which actually changed in 2020) for expecting the downturn to continue into 2021?

Cannot expect a Cindy fan who swallows her BS whole to understand that though.

One word - KIWIBUILD.
    One word you got it wrong and are one of those people who never admit to it.They are called extreme narcissists.

I am thankful that THIS govt has started sorting out the housing problem that National actually denied even existed. This govt will learn from its mistake ( like some of us do) with its initial over optimistic estimate on house builds. Removing LAQC, increasing bright line length,stopping overseas buyers etc all helps. Try and Try again. Trying not denying will get my vote.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-02-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Guru

One word you got it wrong and are one of those people who never admit to it.They are called extreme narcissists.

I am thankful that THIS govt has started sorting out the housing problem that National actually denied even existed. This govt will learn from its mistake ( like some of us do) with its initial over optimistic estimate on house builds. Removing LAQC, increasing bright line length,stopping overseas buyers etc all helps. Try and Try again. Trying not denying will get my vote.
    What a lot of drivel. Nothing they have done has actually helped the housing crisis or povverddy or any of the other problems. They talk a good game but their walk is found wanting. This govt has done nothing but platitudes and throwing cash around which does nothing to solve issues.

So you can learn something, JT - The property market, like the stockmarket, is dynamic - things change and as they change, the cycle can also change.

Kiwibuild changed dramatically in September 2019 (as you must surely be aware) when it became clear that this government did not have a clue on how to deliver on its promise of 10,000 new houses a year.

And I will admit to not anticipating how huge the flow on response in market sentiment from the change in the latter part of 2020.

Cindy and her pathetic misleading government 'reset' kiwibuild and scrapped the promised 10,000 houses per year as part of the reset - no more new houses for first home buyers to be built at pre-agreed maximum prices.

What happened in the last 4 months after the reset was that house buyers (especially first home buyers), who were waiting for the supply from this government, decided to start buying rather than sit on the sideline. Properties sitting on the market for months suddenly started selling and you can certainly call it a chain reaction as the usual fear of missing out gathered momentum - the market changed from supply driven to demand driven.

Now, this government has shot itself in the foot in completely failing to rein in the property market and having made exaggerated (and false) promises to solve the housing problem, has now turned the problem into a full-blown crisis.

Why should any NZer trust and vote back in this bunch of incompetents who got in by BUYING VOTES with FALSE & UNATTAINABLE PROMISES?

One word - Kiwibuild. That's actually all that National has to hammer away at during the election of 2020 - that word stands for everything which is wrong with Cindy and her government of incompetents.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-02-2020 at 06:25 PM.