sharetrader
Page 266 of 697 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes the shaky house of COL is looking likely to collapse(Just like Kiwibuild) well before the 2020 election ... pretty sorry state of politics in NZ these days... as not like Bridges is a leader NZD'er want ... A new leader for National that is respected would see a whitewash of the COL back to backwater they held for many years prior IMHO
    Completely agree. National should easily clean up in the next election, except it's hard to see Bridges as PM. Same applies to Collins. They need a leader with charisma, and there's a couple of them in the party.

Veteran novice

So much for all the fine, compassionate words uttered after the Christchurch shootings. Now Cabinet isn't prepared to do the compassionate thing to allow special visas for family members to support those widowed by the shootings. If current legislation doesn't allow it, isn't that what government is for, to pass amending legislation as a matter of urgency?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    So much for all the fine, compassionate words uttered after the Christchurch shootings. Now Cabinet isn't prepared to do the compassionate thing to allow special visas for family members to support those widowed by the shootings. If current legislation doesn't allow it, isn't that what government is for, to pass amending legislation as a matter of urgency?
    Agreed. Wonder whether this was Winnies populism succeeding over decency?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Looks to me that Cindy has finally used up her stardust with the media. It has taken the best part of 2 years, but they are calling BS on her statements about not knowing of the sexual nature of these complaints.

What has irked me about her since the get go is her absolute cynicism. She claims transparency but has been willing from the start to brush over, delay, order an inquiry into the inquiry, and generally smile and BS her way through anything awkward. She is worse than Key in this regard because she is claiming to be above all that.

My impression of her is that she has found herself in a position way above her competency level and that she has bluffed her way through it by and large, with a healthy dose of help from a doting media. Time is up and chickens are looking for a roost.
    Yeap… Duncan Garner on the attack https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartanntp
    Plausible deniability but the trouble is almost nobody thinks its plausible.
    Even if she survives in the short term this one will "dog" her for a very long time.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    But Cindy didn't knowwwww JT. Labour is in real trouble here. Cindy is the only thing that holds them up, and she has just been shown to be a cynical, throw 'em under the bus, save my own skin, truth averse politician. While all the time claiming the moral high ground. I think she's toast...and Grant Robertson with her.
    If she's toast you're peanut butter. Wishing and hoping doesn't help here. Facts are what i want to see.Just have to wait. But somethings a bit strange here. Sounds like some planned scripts have been read out, The communication and use of words are so well written and expressed , vey political, professional spin, really aimed at undermining the govt. Crosby/textor sounding tactics.
    i just hope like hell im wrong that a part of this isn't some sort of sting setup. Some plants, i just dont know? And now we have to wait some time for the QC investigation.
    Some fake stuff mixed in with some real stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    If she's toast you're peanut butter. Wishing and hoping doesn't help here. Facts are what i want to see.Just have to wait. But somethings a bit strange here. Sounds like some planned scripts have been read out, The communication and use of words are so well written and expressed , vey political, professional spin, really aimed at undermining the govt. Crosby/textor sounding tactics.
    i just hope like hell im wrong that a part of this isn't some sort of sting setup. Some plants, i just dont know? And now we have to wait some time for the QC investigation.
    Some fake stuff mixed in with some real stuff?
    Jeez, that’s how Jacinda playing it mate.

She’s told no specific lies .....everything’s carefully worded so she’s not telling the whole truth.

And don’t forget the QC is only looking at ‘process’
    Last edited by winner69; 13-09-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez, that’s how Jacinda playing it mate.

She’s told no specific lies ...………….
    I'm not so sure about that. Listen to the different discussions with Hosking.

that's the way the world learns about Labor's cover up and Jacinda's loss of trust: interesting opinion piece written by a NZ journalist (Alison Mau) - but published in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...ed-asset-trust

... and no, westerly - the guardian is not a "right-wing" newspaper, nor is it funded by CT as - I am sure JT and EZ would like to tell us ... ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Listen to the different discussions with Hosking.
    Who would want to listen to that National party puppet ?

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Who would want to listen to that National party puppet ?

westerly
    People who want to hear Adern being interviewed.