sharetrader
Page 67 of 697 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Bearing in mind that a free trade agreement with Russia is a priority for this Government and was mentioned in the "speech from the throne" and has since been reiterated by the FM on several occasions, I wonder where we stand with NZ-Europe relations today. Will Winnie side with Russia ?
    Winnie's silence these days is deafening. Radio New Zealand put out a standing invitation for him to allow him to explain his stance on Russia after he was defending Putin and Russia over the weekend, but it appears he is now lost for words.

Typical Winnie - big mouth while in opposition and no clues when in government. He is probably too busy to enjoy the baubles of power ...

Isn't it funny that both Trump and Winnie seem to love evil Putin? Not sure we choose a good government to look after us ...

Edit: just in case anybody missed the wisdom dropping from Winnie's lips:
    http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/shows/...on-peters.html
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-03-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

I found the reason for Winnie’s absence and silence BP. He’s been to the Chathams with 6 other Ministers to celebrate the opening of the new wharf funded by National and they voted against !!!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I found the reason for Winnie’s absence and silence BP. He’s been to the Chathams with 6 other Ministers to celebrate the opening of the new wharf funded by National and they voted against !!!
    Good one - and I am sure he was not able to find a phone on the Chatham's either . Probably celebrating with the Labour ministers in Young Labour style ;

Do they have a police station on the Chatham's?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Maybe a rogue wave got him. The wharf can handle bigger seas now but still has to shut down re 15 days year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Good one - and I am sure he was not able to find a phone on the Chatham's either . Probably celebrating with the Labour ministers in Young Labour style ;

Do they have a police station on the Chatham's?
    Yep ....one big piss up

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12013540
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No other reason that I can think of for anyone to join the Labour party.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No other reason that I can think of for anyone to join the Labour party.
    Even EZ sounded pretty disappointed last night

He said that many of the young Labour Party liked being on TV and partying etc but didn’t much hard yakka like door knocking and his post with this — The Party doesn't spend millions of dollars on advertising,paid for mostly by older members,for the marketing to be blown away by an underage booze-up that went wrong.

That will turn current and prospective members away
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Ministers, including the PM, that were there seem to be really unobservant. They sure haven't mentioned any of that. Now we just sit back and wait for teh inevitable consensual sex and drug stories to come out.

IMO

[QUOTE=winner69;708056]

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12013540[/

Anonymous huh what credibility? National stooge infiltrator? Was he drinking too? Hiding in the bushes? Walk in fridge huh. Novel use of a clothes line huh. party like its 1999 huh. Political huh?

Legend

Even EZ sounded pretty disappointed last night

He said that many of the young Labour Party liked being on TV and partying etc but didn’t much hard yakka like door knocking and his post with this — The Party doesn't spend millions of dollars on advertising,paid for mostly by older members,for the marketing to be blown away by an underage booze-up that went wrong.

That will turn current and prospective members away
    Well I'm disappointed, because our meetings are in some nondescript shabby community house and we don't even get a cup of tea or coffee, let alone drinks! The Young Nats do it properly, they go to a pub where there would be a lot more control. The difference is they are prepared or able to spend a bit more, they'll meet in cafes, pubs etc.

Labour's always on a budget. How cheap can we do it.. so they go to a camp with a walk-in chiller, and copious free alcohol in there for everyone (OK not provided by Labour, that's because it would be illegal). It's a wonder more things didn't go wrong. I've helped bring up a couple of millennials, luckily one of them doesn't drink alcohol and the other one seems to keep it mostly under control. Neither of them are the least bit interested in getting involved in politics on the ground, maybe on the web they might be a bit more active.

What millennials probably don't understand or like about politics is that it involves dull old fundraising, marketing and signage, plus door-door work mostly. It's not all the exciting? policy stuff. The few younger people I saw helping out on the beat weren't Young Labour members. You tend to find more of the activists getting into the latter group, they'll have an axe to grind about something early on.

National has a lot more members than Labour, both are down on their historical numbers. But National are a lot more organised, and Labour has some catching up to do there, if they want to attract more members. This latest debacle won't help.