sharetrader
Page 427 of 697 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 6963
    IMO

Balance has proven he has no boundaries or moral compass or ethics.Crocodile tears galore.

That’s BS. Almost every post Balance makes lately has a reference back to beneficiaries which in most cases is irrelevant and an attempt to deflect from the question he is being asked or the subject being discussed. Panda-NZ’s post had nothing to do with beneficiaries - it was related specifically to businesses. Why couldn’t Balance just respond to it without dragging beneficiaries into it?

As far as our comparison to Trump goes - sorry, but it’s more than justified. Both Balance and Trump continually rant and rave about everything and anything. They both have criticism a plenty but nothing of much significance to contribute in terms of concrete ideas/proposals/plans/suggestions. They also both constantly deflect with red herrings. So, the comparison is valid. Yeah, it’s tedious but it’s not a lazy smear - unlike Balances (and others) constant, never ending smears against our Prime Minister.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    For goodness sakes JT and Justakiwi. Get over yourselves. Balance replied to Panda-Nz's comment that implied businesses fix things for themselves, by saying if that's the case why doesn't it apply to beneficiaries. If anything it is Panda's comment that is heartless. Balance was merely pointing out how foolish it was.

This constant comparison to Trump by various posters is extremely tedious and a lazy smear.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Why don’t you say the same to all the beneficiaries?
    No reply from Panda-NZ?

Why is it ok to ask businesspeople to refocus & make their own plan (even while their livelihoods & businesses face ruin due to the lockdown) when they are at wits’ end?

It should be even more appropriate then to ask beneficiaries to refocus and make their own plans without waiting for the government’s handouts.

Cindy’s government is ashamedly using the billions of dollars at its disposal to buy votes while leaving SMEs out to dry.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-05-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Dilettante

Justakiwi why do you find Balance’s post so insulting but not Panda-NZ saying the exact same thing about business people that have had their businesses torn to shreds through Government action that they had no way of planning for ?

Guru

No reply from Panda-NZ?

Why is it ok to ask businesspeople to refocus & make their own plan (even while their livelihoods & businesses face ruin due to the lockdown) when they are at wits’ end?

It should be even more appropriate then to ask beneficiaries to refocus and make their own plans without waiting for the government’s handouts.

Cindy’s government is ashamedly using the billions of dollars at its disposal to buy votes while leaving SMEs out to dry.
    Lockdown for one month, subsidy for three months. Why ignore this? The cash handout has a poor risk/return ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Lockdown for one month, subsidy for three months. Why ignore this? The cash handout has a poor risk/return ratio.
    Garbage as usual from you - how many SMEs were locked down only for 4 weeks?

Go and tell your lies to the owners of pubs, bars, restaurants & entertainment venue. Be careful though that you do not end up with two black eyes.

Meanwhile, since you hold yourself as so smart, how do you propose the late Roy Green refocus and make his own plans when his butchery was locked down and he saw his livelihood destroyed, and his hard earned savings dissipating?
    Last edited by Balance; 26-05-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Panda-NZ’s comments, have merit, and I do not believe they were made in any kind of critical way. As I mentioned in a previous post, a local cafe owner did exactly what he proposes. She decided she wasn’t going to sit at home waiting for the government (or anybody else) to solve her problem. She accepted that she is ultimately responsible for her business so she was proactive, thought outside the square, and found herself a temp job to pay her business bills during the time it was closed. Her business was not “torn to shreds” by the government or through their actions. It was affected by a global pandemic that made it’s way to NZ. Let’s not forget that. An unexpected, unknown threat. An Act of God if you will. So yes, if this small businesswoman was able to make a plan for her business to tide her over, Panda-NZ is right. There is room for some businesses to do the same.

I find Balance’s comments insulting because he continues to bash beneficiaries as a group, which is unfair, unethical and unkind. As others have posted, including myself, the vast majority of beneficiaries want to work. I have been there. I know what it is like. People look at you sideways, judge you constantly, have no idea what you have to do to make ends meet, and no comprehension of how it effects your self confidence, self esteem, and emotional well-being. I have every right to be insulted by Balance’s comments because he is talking about me. I will never let those comments go unchallenged and I will call him, or anyone else out, every time he makes one.

Some here would do well to remember the saying “There, but for the grace of God, go I.”

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Justakiwi why do you find Balance’s post so insulting but not Panda-NZ saying the exact same thing about business people that have had their businesses torn to shreds through Government action that they had no way of planning for ?

Guru

Trade remains entirely open to goods and most services. There's still some good opportunities out there and we're one of the easiest countries in the developed world to run a business.. By far even
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 26-05-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Trade remains entirely open to goods and most services. there's still some good opportunities out there and we're one of the easiest countries in the developed world to run a business.
    Still waiting the advice you would give to the late Roy Green, Panda-NZ - giving you an opportunity to help others in similar position.

Surely you must have some good advice to give & write for people like him to refocus & replan without waiting for government help. Otherwise, you would not suggest it, would you?

Eagerly awaiting your reply.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-05-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Guru

Your advice to the late Roy Green, Panda-NZ - giving you an opportunity to help others in similar position.
    Apply for the income support that's there. It will be available to him if income falls below a certain level.