sharetrader
Page 548 of 697 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 6963
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thats it starve it until it shrivels up.

Dont feed the troll its like putting out fire with gasoline.This behaviour has been going on for years, This troll craves attention (fuel) and will stop at nothing to get its feed.
    People with Narcissistic Personality Disorders crave attention, any attention, either good or bad is better than no attention. So you are quite right JT Dont feed the troll. Ignore the troll

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/122310902/election-2020-how-do-you-run-against-elimination
    Since the late 1990s political purists in New Zealand have bemoaned the fact that the two major political parties are too similar. Both have bought into the “neo-liberalism” of Roger Douglas and Ruth Richardson and have just been making adjustments in one direction or another, so the rather boring arguments went.

Now, for the first time in almost three decades, there will be a stark ideological choice at this election around the role of the state. Labour, on the one hand, is battling to retain its basically technocratic and fiscally prudent formula of the Clark years. However, it appears ready and willing to seriously crank up the overall level of government spending and activity.
    Fiscal prudence and high levels of spending can co-exist, but they require high taxes that tend to drag on economic growth. Labour definitely has faith that, in a post-Covid era, the state can be put back into the centre of economic co-ordination. Not a command economy, mind you, but one where Labour thinks that ‘’market failures’’ can be comfortably corrected.

National, on the other hand, is developing a full-throated centre-right agenda of lower taxes, deregulation, and a plan to let the animal spirits of economic growth unleash to kick-start the economy. That will be backed up by massive infrastructure spending on road, bus lanes and rail, mostly in the north from Hamilton to Auckland and its surrounds, and various sorts of Covid business support.
    There is a real choice. And, as with the first Labour Government under Michael Joseph Savage elected during the Depression, on current polling there will likely be an opportunity for this Labour Government to institute its vision. Make no mistake, Labour is on track to win a clear majority.

Excellent post thanks Moka

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    People with Narcissistic Personality Disorders crave attention, any attention, either good or bad is better than no attention. So you are quite right JT Dont feed the troll. Ignore the troll
    OK - I'll try.
    Doesn't do his mental health any good either and I don't want to be responsible for speeding his demise.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    OK - I'll try.
    Doesn't do his mental health any good either and I don't want to be responsible for speeding his demise.
    He is the one responsible for speeding his own demise although I am sure he will claim his mental health is perfect in fact he probably has the best mental health of anyone in the world

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    OK - I'll try.
    dobby41 I don’t think that you feed the troll. Your posts have a moderating influence. Ignoring the troll is not always a good strategy.
    It is a lie that trolling is harmless.

The core intent of trolling is not just to provoke, but to run away from the responsibility of the comment itself.
    Defenders of trolling insist it’s all just a joke, but if trolling is inherently designed to get a rise out of someone, then that’s what it really is. Whether you believe what you are saying or not is often immaterial because the impact is the same — and you are responsible for it, regardless of how funny you think it is.

Ignoring harassment does not stop it. The harasser keeps pushing and pushing to get the reaction they want with even more tenacity and intensity. It’s the same pattern with abusers and stalkers, both online and off, they escalate to more dangerous and threatening behaviour when they feel like they are being ignored. In many cases, ignoring a troll can carry just as dear a price as provocation.

Ignoring trolls functions as a kind of tacit permission, and it also ignores the inherent threat of the troll’s true intent.
    What the troll, the stalker, and the abuser really want out of the situation is to feel powerful and in control. And they will not stop until they feel it.

“Don’t feed the trolls” also ignores an obvious method for addressing online abuse: skilled moderation and the willingness to kick people off platforms for violating rules about abuse.
    People troll because deep down they know it’s serious, and that’s exactly why it makes them feel powerful.
    Ultimately, if we care about abuse, we have to care more about the people they hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The article shows that just like here on Sharetrader whether you think the government has done a good job with Covid-19 depends more on which political party you support than on objectively assessing the response.

Survey shows powerful polarisation along party lines.
    The survey showed political leanings were influencing attitudes about doctors’ handling of Covid-19.
    Asked how good a job medical professions have done in controlling the spread of the disease, responses showed there was a difference depending on party preference.
    Amongst Labour supporters, 96 per cent agreed medical professionals have done a good job. But for National supporters, the figure was 69 per cent.
    The difference was even starker when asked if the Government’s overall response was successful.
    Almost 98 per cent of Labour supporters said the response was successful, but for National supporters it was only 40 per cent.

dobby41 I don’t think that you feed the troll. Your posts have a moderating influence. Ignoring the troll is not always a good strategy.
    It is a lie that trolling is harmless.

The core intent of trolling is not just to provoke, but to run away from the responsibility of the comment itself.
    Defenders of trolling insist it’s all just a joke, but if trolling is inherently designed to get a rise out of someone, then that’s what it really is. Whether you believe what you are saying or not is often immaterial because the impact is the same — and you are responsible for it, regardless of how funny you think it is.

Ignoring harassment does not stop it. The harasser keeps pushing and pushing to get the reaction they want with even more tenacity and intensity. It’s the same pattern with abusers and stalkers, both online and off, they escalate to more dangerous and threatening behaviour when they feel like they are being ignored. In many cases, ignoring a troll can carry just as dear a price as provocation.

Ignoring trolls functions as a kind of tacit permission, and it also ignores the inherent threat of the troll’s true intent.
    What the troll, the stalker, and the abuser really want out of the situation is to feel powerful and in control. And they will not stop until they feel it.

“Don’t feed the trolls” also ignores an obvious method for addressing online abuse: skilled moderation and the willingness to kick people off platforms for violating rules about abuse.
    People troll because deep down they know it’s serious, and that’s exactly why it makes them feel powerful.
    Ultimately, if we care about abuse, we have to care more about the people they hurt.
    well said Moka

Which is why Balance has not responded to my “ridiculous” post.

There is no power to be gained by having a respectful, mature discussion and responding to my questions. He gets more power from winding people up, creating drama, and frustrating people to the point where they choose to leave ST for their own well-being, than he ever will by fronting up and telling me what he actually wants from government.

My post wasn’t ridiculous. It proved my point.

Last edited by justakiwi; 04-08-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Guru

At the risk of being labelled a troll for not towing the Party Line....have a read of the following. You might see why the likes of Balance and myself are so suspicious of what agenda Ardern maybe sitting on or be railroaded into. Her recent declaration saying don't expect too much in the way of Policy, says two things.

Either they are bereft of ideas....or they will pull a David Lange and come in with a hidden agenda and foist it on the population post election.

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2020/08/0...ing-something/

Yes, I appreciate it is by Martyn Bradbury who is left of left, but get ready for "Woke Central" if Cindy is re-elected.