sharetrader
Page 505 of 697 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 6963
    Guru

He says he has a plan but that's not really true either. I think that's slightly cynical too imo.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Correct they're quite simply bad for the economy, society and sell everything off to overseas interests.

I'm a swing voter and happy to change my view when the facts change.
    Same here. I always vote against the party I least want. Labour fills that bill for me this time around by continuing to keep Twyford, Lees-Galloway and several others in positions way over their heads. My vote will depend on polling nearer the election and current options are National or Act. For all that I expect Jacinda will be returned with her assembly of misfits.

Guru

The infighting within the national ranks doesnt concern you. they are not going to be a united team. Ian has done ok in his role. I like stuart nash too.

The national list offers as many deadweights as the party you criticise. might read judith collins book later though.

Dr jian yang our next minister for statistics. yikes!
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 06-07-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Same here. I always vote against the party I least want. Labour fills that bill for me this time around by continuing to keep Twyford, Lees-Galloway and several others in positions way over their heads. My vote will depend on polling nearer the election and current options are National or Act. For all that I expect Jacinda will be returned with her assembly of misfits.

One concern for me is that neither party, to my knowledge , has articulated the mechanism by which the deficit is to be paid back to return to the 20% of GDP levels which which enabled the fiscal response. Paying back, over what time frame? What are the mechanisms to achieve this? Will it involve revisiting NZ Superannuation either in terms of age of entitlement or rates of payment. Will there be a response by the tax system, increasing GST, tax brackets etc. Are interest free student loans at risk?
    And something else also needs to be addressed, Australia has signaled a significant defence asset procurement programme in response to China. They will not tolerate NZ not pulling its weight for long
    What are others opinions?
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 06-07-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    One concern for me is that neither party, to my knowledge , has articulated the mechanism by which the deficit is to be paid back to return to the 20% of GDP levels which which enabled the fiscal response. Paying back, over what time frame? What are the mechanisms to achieve this? Will it involve revisiting NZ Superannuation either in terms of age of entitlement or rates of payment. Will there be a response by the tax system, increasing GST, tax brackets etc. Are interest free student loans at risk?
    And something else also needs to be addressed, Australia has signaled a significant defence asset procurement programme in response to China. They will not tolerate NZ not pulling its weight for long

My opinion is no matter what you will vote for Labour.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Sgt Pepper, I was pilloried on these threads and in my personal life for raising these concerns when we first went into Lockdown. The flow on effects in both fiscal and health terms will be with us for decades to come. How many lives will be lost per year due to the health budget being underfunded because we are broke? Few people, in their State induced panic wanted to know.

We reap what we sow, whether we voted for St Cindy or not. She will, no doubt, the moment she is unceremoniously dumped from office, head for the UN or some other offshore post. Meanwhile our grandchildren will pay for the mess.

Guru

National may have made heaps of decisions that worsen it though.

Selling off assets which pay a minimum of 5% to pay debt that cost 1%
    No raising of kiwisaver or investing in the super fund.
    At the end of nine years with their $50m surplus they wanted to spend it immediately on tax cuts.

I think we need to invest in this country, have some aspiration and we will see growth in return which will pay off our relatively low international debt levels. More spending on good things often leads to more growth.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Guru

National have made heaps of decisions that worsen it though.

Selling off assets which pay a minimum of 5% to pay debt that cost 1%
    No raising of kiwisaver or investing in the super fund.
    At the end of nine years with their $50m surplus they wanted to spend it immediately on tax cuts.

We need to invest in this country, have some aspiration and we will see growth in return which will pay off our relatively low international debt levels. More spending on good things = more growth.
    Back to posting misinformation I see Panda. When the Nats sold assets they were not paying 1% interest on the national debt, unless you have a time machine we don't have access to. Stop making stuff up. If you are typical of the average Labour supporter they should be very worried.

Guru

Simply putting the facts out there. you can do what you want with them i dont care.

Guru

Simply putting the facts out there. you can do what you want with them i dont care.
    If only you were. Doubling down on your BS doesn't help your credibility.