sharetrader
Page 633 of 697 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    3 weeks is a long time in politics. Jacinda's lacklustre performance last night, where she showed once again she has little but slogans, may have reduced the gap a little.
    What is telling for me is that even though Judith is supposedly unloved and hated she is leading the MSM polls on who won the debate last night. Jacinda was floundering out there, Judith was enjoying it and she softened her up nicely for the next two. 3 weeks is a very long time in politics. Jacinda was nothing but slogans. Empty and no substance.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What is telling for me is that even though Judith is supposedly unloved and hated she is leading the MSM polls on who won the debate last night. Jacinda was floundering out there, Judith was enjoying it and she softened her up nicely for the next two. 3 weeks is a very long time in politics. Jacinda was nothing but slogans. Empty and no substance.
    I was surprised how uninterested Jacinda seemed to be and there was no flare there. I expected different.

Judith definitely won and it was obvious to people that know what is going on, but to the uninformed all they see is someone attacking the most loved prime minister ever. I'm not sure if the eye rolling and under the breath comments will be doing Judith any favours, and she needs to tread the fine line of holding the government to account while not over stepping into 'attack politics'.

Guru

Didn't see it, but not surprised. Hard to be enthused when you have massively failed in your delivery.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Government of incompetents designating supermarkets & cleaning services essential - does not change the fact that there are plenty of workers who can do the menial job of the cleaner & supermarket worker - in fact, their pay should be reduced to reflect the increased supply of tens of thousands of available workers due to the mishandling of the lockdown by the team of incompetents.

Welcome to real world, grasshopper.
    Real world it may be but does it have to be that way?
    This is very much right wing thinking - you have little skill so should just accept the crumbs that fall off my table.
    Like reviving the class system from the UK that the early settlers were trying to escape from.
    There has to be a better way than 'us and them'.

You will be one of the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
    (Added that bit for levity. )

Guru

Judith isn't leading the poll for preferred PM.
    These people seem to think differently - mostly.
    Maybe they were watching a different debate.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...f-nzs-election

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Judith isn't leading the poll for preferred PM.
    These people seem to think differently - mostly.
    Maybe they were watching a different debate.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...f-nzs-election
    I was not talking about leading the poll for preferred PM. By the way, the PM pretty much always leads them regardless. I was talking about who won the debate. And all the momentum is with Judith. You have provided a few anecdotes, (anecdotes don't vote and are these anecdotes per chance academics?) the latest version of the poll has Judith on 55% and Jacinda on 39%.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12367099
    Last edited by blackcap; 23-09-2020 at 08:07 AM.

I was not talking about leading the poll for preferred PM. By the way, the PM pretty much always leads them regardless. I was talking about who won the debate. And all the momentum is with Judith. You have provided a few anecdotes, (anecdotes don't vote) the latest version of the poll has Judith on 55% and Jacinda on 39%.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12367099
    Was clear from the debate that Cindy had nothing to offer by way of delivery, just a lot of spin.

Cindy referred to the mosque killings, natural disaster and pandemic as her achievements!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Didn't see it, but not surprised. Hard to be enthused when you have massively failed in your delivery.
    If you missed the leaders debate and still want to see it, it's available for viewing on https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/1-news-vote-2020 TVNZ On Demand.

I thought Jacinda came across as awkward and uncomfortable, struggling to find a comfortable position between failure to deliver (almost anything) and trotting out slogans. Judith on the other hand had a very strong grip on the data and seemed to revel in the debate, calling out Labours' failures and hollow promises while clearly stating what National would do differently.

Not that I'm voting for either of them, but it was an interesting debate to watch, imho.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    If you missed the leaders debate and still want to see it, it's available for viewing on https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/1-news-vote-2020 TVNZ On Demand.

I thought Jacinda came across as awkward and uncomfortable, struggling to find a comfortable position between failure to deliver (almost anything) and trotting out slogans. Judith on the other hand had a very strong grip on the data and seemed to revel in the debate, calling out Labours' failures and hollow promises while clearly stating what National would do differently.

Not that I'm voting for either of them, but it was an interesting debate to watch, imho.
    Neither of them came across particularly well, but the outright loser was the moderator, John Campbell.