sharetrader
Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283
Results 4,231 to 4,235 of 4235

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It's meaning is actually widely misunderstood. Obviously you use it, but I never would. I avoid anything ambiguous.
    The term is well understood.
    If a [erson is asked by a tradie if you want a 'cashie' they well understand the implication - under the counter payment with no tax paid.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    The term is well understood.
    If a person is asked by a tradie if you want a 'cashie' they well understand the implication - under the counter payment with no tax paid.
    To which I say that most people think there is something either illegal, or at best highly suspicious, about paying your lawnmower contractor, or any other home services in cash. And it is not.
    And it's perfectly reasonable for said lawnmower man to offer a cash discount to avoid sending an account, waiting, risking a bad debt, etc.
    But I acknowledge what 'cash' implies to some people (not everyone is an honest willing taxpayer - like me). So I still say the term is best avoided.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; Today at 08:39 AM.

To which I say that most people think there is something either illegal, or at best highly suspicious, about paying your lawnmower contractor, or any other home services in cash. And it is not.
    And it's perfectly reasonable for said lawnmower man to offer a cash discount to avoid sending an account, waiting, risking a bad debt, etc.
    But I acknowledge what 'cash' implies to some people (not everyone is an honest willing taxpayer - like me). So I still say the term is best avoided.
    The term is 'cashie', not 'cash'. It's shorthand, long since well established in the vernacular. Language is like that.

Paying cash is not illegal - agreed.
    The term 'cashie' does not mean just to pay cash and you know that, everyone else knows that also.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    The term is 'cashie', not 'cash'. It's shorthand, long since well established in the vernacular. Language is like that.
    I'm obviously naive in such matters, having spent a lifetime moving only in circles of the upright and honest.