sharetrader
Page 440 of 697 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    You know who I feel sorry for most of all through this lockdown?.... Mike Hosking.

Poor bugger I usually only read the headline of his herald opinion pieces for a giggle but his efforts to try and portray Jacinda in a poor light currently looks like he is pissing in the wind. It must be incredibly frustrating for him.
    Therein lies the difference between him and you - in a big way.

He has a platform to article & voice his views and he is using it very effectively to reach his audience - cementing his media presence and ratings support.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12327056

‘Mike Hoskings & 1ZB #1’

How Comrade Cindy’s Supporters & the public with star dusted specs react & respond in the interim is irrelevant to him.

He also has what is often callEd ‘F U money’ or ‘Drop Dead money’ and he could not care a stuff!
    Last edited by Balance; 04-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Therein lies the difference between him and you - in a big way.

He has a platform to article & voice his views and he is using it very effectively to reach his audience - cementing his media presence and ratings support.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12327056

‘Mike Hoskings & 1ZB #1’

How Comrade Cindy’s Supporters & the public with star dusted specs react & respond in the interim is irrelevant to him.

He also has what is often callEd ‘F U money’ or ‘Drop Dead money’ and he could not care a stuff!
    I appreciate that and I don't question his financial success or popularity but he is starting to sound like a whiny bi*ch.

I suspect he also needs to play to his constituency to ensure people keep calling in and keep ratings high.

I am just saying I feel sorry for him that everything in NZ is not going his way as his displeasure comes through in his opinion pieces.
    Last edited by Aaron; 04-06-2020 at 12:59 PM.

I appreciate that and I don't question his financial success or popularity but he is starting to sound like a whiny bi*ch.

I suspect he also needs to play to his constituency to ensure people keep calling in and keep ratings high.

I am just saying I feel sorry for him that everything in NZ is not going his way as his displeasure comes through in his opinion pieces.
    "I suspect he also needs to play to his constituency to ensure people keep calling in and keep ratings high."

Therein lies his secret.

Legend

It is not a talk back show he runs. Nobody calls in.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    "Virtual signalling" or "Virtue signalling"? It looked pretty real, to me!
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12336999

8 weeks into the lockdown, still fluffing around with zero help for SMEs re rental issues.

Comrade Cindy is kind indeed - to her growing beneficiary voter base. Everybody else can get stuffed as far as compassion & help are concerned.

Dilettante

Welcome to North Korea. Now we have an illustration book with pictures and story about the PM, IN OUR PRIMARY SCHOOLS.
    There is no limit to this ridiculous abuse of power.

From the Herald:

Fan fiction or political cynicism?
    "The Schoolastic Book Club flyer arrived home in the kids school bags this week and I just about spat my Weetbix out!" writes a reader.

"' Taking the Lead - How Jacinda Ardern Wowed the World is an illustrated and inspiring story for children about Jacinda Ardern. Prime Minister of New Zealand and the world's youngest female leader'.

"Ugh…Nothing like a cloying picture book about a political leader being flogged to school kids leading up to an election… Its enough to make the PM herself cringe."

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12336999

8 weeks into the lockdown, still fluffing around with zero help for SMEs re rental issues.

Comrade Cindy is kind indeed - to her growing beneficiary voter base. Everybody else can get stuffed as far as compassion & help are concerned.
    They can use abitration now.
    What do you expect the Govt to do re the rental issue - slippery slope interfering in contract law. I suppose the Govt could just pay the rent for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    What do you expect the Govt to do re the rental issue - slippery slope interfering in contract law. I suppose the Govt could just pay the rent for everyone?
    Nobody is asking the government to pay the rent but to do what the Australian government did with its first relief package from the word go:

1. Recognise that businesses are under severe stress when the lockdown kicked in,

2. Rent normally represents the second highest business cost after wages,

3. Put in place mandatory code of conduct for landlords and tenants to negotiate & provide clear direction & certainty.

https://www.business.gov.au/Risk-man...cial-tenancies

In contrast, it has taken Comrade Cindy & her incompetents 10 weeks to come out with the same solution! Talk about nincompoops in charge!

Kiwibuild, anyone to relieve housing pressure?

Guru

In contrast, it has taken Comrade Cindy & her incompetents 10 weeks to come out with the same solution! Talk about nincompoops in charge!
    It seem Winston decided he needed to score some political points. He is in polling mode now.
    It is interesting that most businesses worked it out for themselves - as you'd expect.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Of course they can arbitrate now. Other than assessing fair market rental, as in a normal valuation-arbitration, what do they arbitrate? Is it who should take the loss i.e. lessor or lessee?
    Do they want to consult the lessee's creditors, or the mortgagor's bank?
    What about an unencumbered lessor? Does he or she not need the rent?
    And you are right about interfering in a legal contract. Very unwise.
    The details of this will be fascinating, to say the least.