sharetrader
Page 252 of 697 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 6963

Yep. National played dirty and it backfired on them.

Guru

They certainly weren't helped in the public's perception by the Labour ministers who repeatedly claimed it was a "Hack" when they knew it wasn't. Most transparent government ever? All I'm seeing is transparent incompetence.

What happened to Mallard's rape claims by the way?

So you are one of those people who believe it is the Opposition party's job to oppose everything the government says or does? That line of thinking is part of the problem with NZ politics. That is the true "dumbing down." An effective Opposition party does not simply oppose everything the government says and does. They should be looking at what the government does with an open mind, not blatantly disagreeing with every just because they are the opposition. And they most definitely should not be playing games to score points, which is what they did over the budget. They just made themselves look like dicks.

I want an opposition party with balls. One that will recognize and appreciate good government policy and decision making, and support that. Yes, I also expect them to oppose things at times but they need to do it responsibly, with legitimate cause, not just because it's "their job to oppose."

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Have NZ'ers been dumbed down so much that they dont understand the job of the Opposition is to "oppose"

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    They certainly weren't helped in the public's perception by the Labour ministers who repeatedly claimed it was a "Hack" when they knew it wasn't. Most transparent government ever? All I'm seeing is transparent incompetence.

What happened to Mallard's rape claims by the way?
    Sadly Mallard's unfounded and ridiculous claims have destroyed a man's career and made him and his family very vulnerable. All without any evidence whatsoever. Mallard should be gone but of course we should not expect any honourable decisions from him. The guy is totally unsuitable as a Speaker.
    Last edited by iceman; 10-06-2019 at 09:06 AM.

IMO

What was it 2000 attempts getting at unauthorised material over a day or so, thats a hack to me.Releasing budget material by anyone other than the Govt is unauthorised and bridges falls again into the unethical prosecute by any means necessary callous bitter power hungry monster that he is. Have a look at his performance in parliament as it unfolded.His conduct was as bad as it gets, his kids would run screaming if they saw it. Taking his party down with him which is not what we want.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    What was it 2000 attempts getting at unauthorised material over a day or so, thats a hack to me.Releasing budget material by anyone other than the Govt is unauthorised and bridges falls again into the unethical prosecute by any means necessary callous bitter power hungry monster that he is. Have a look at his performance in parliament as it unfolded.His conduct was as bad as it gets, his kids would run screaming if they saw it. Taking his party down with him which is not what we want.
    It was not hacking in any sense of the word.

IMO

Cough cough cough

You are probably correct that it wasn’t hacking, but the fact remains that National obtained or gained access to, confidential information without authorisation. They then read that information, again, without authorisation.

If I find a pile of confidential documents lying on the road, I did not willingly obtain them. But if I read them, I have willingly accessed the information, which is an offence. So regardless of how National got access to the budget, they committed an offence by reading that information, and probably committed a second offence by distributing it.

They had no right to do that and no need either. They acted irresponsibly and dishonestly. They might be the Opposition party. But my expectation as a NZ citizen and voter, is that they behave morally and respectfully. If they choose to play games like this, they lose credibility and my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It was not hacking in any sense of the word.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 10-06-2019 at 09:04 AM.