sharetrader
Page 181 of 697 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 6963
    IMO

Do you happen to be able-bodied and dont give stuff about them as well as many other things?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Do you happen to be able-bodied and dont give stuff about them as well as many other things?
    I am able bodied and I do give a stuff. But parity for silly things like sports is just beyond the pale. The pool they compete against is just miniscule, therefore the effort required to achieve is minuscule versus able bodied athletes. Its like comparing apples with panda's. It's not even close. It's more PC BS.

IMO

I hope that you too stay away from accidents for the rest of your life.

Govt tackles sports gender inequality article.cfm
    Yes, finally Labour announces something I can get behind 100%. I didn't read the article but I'm assuming it about scraping gender divisions in all sports and making men and women compete against each other, to give women the hard fought for equality they're after.

Guru

I hope that you too stay away from accidents for the rest of your life.
    Thanks, so do I. If I was injured and a paraplegic, I would not expect equal funding to able bodied athletes for being top of my sport. That would just be ridiculous. As said before, the pool I am competing against is minuscule, so me being an average club level able bodied athlete, all of a sudden would be a top international athlete. Not because of effort, but just because I happen to be a para-athlete.

IMO

I welcome a probe on this supermarket duopoly. Compare the competition with the petrol companies, minimal. Look at the increasing house brands eliminating fair competition. Brands paying more for better/any shelf space. Growers put against each other and supplier prices screwed down, with threats of cancellation of contracts etc. Ive noticed the quality and freshness of produce dropping. Ive noticed the " packed on " dates have disappeared on some lines of produce. One cant tell with out opening the bag if its still fresh enough. "Use by dates" not sure atp.

"Jones has been using the protection of parliamentary privilege to accuse Countdown of blackmail and extortion against its New Zealand suppliers, and yesterday gave more details of what he claims to have been told."
    Countdown "categorically" denied these accusations.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-10-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I am able bodied and I do give a stuff. But parity for silly things like sports is just beyond the pale. The pool they compete against is just miniscule, therefore the effort required to achieve is minuscule versus able bodied athletes. Its like comparing apples with panda's. It's not even close. It's more PC BS.
    I'm very disappointed that there is no effort to address the rampant ageism in sport. For example I "compete" against 18 - 30 year olds and there is no way on earth I can beat them on mat time. Labour must bring in compulsory age based handicapping. I'm in an event this weekend and by my reckoning I should get a 1 1/2 hour head start to achieve age based parity at the start. I wonder if I should just identify myself as a woman for the purposes of that event?

IMO

This cant come quick enough , especially the loan sharks
    Mobile traders who ignore 'do-not-knock' house stickers risk big fines

This cant come quick enough , especially the loan sharks
    Mobile traders who ignore 'do-not-knock' house stickers risk big fines
    It really isn't that hard to not open the door.

IMO

More detail on the loansharks controls here.

Government cracks down on predatory lenders with fines up to $600k The new law takes particular aim at loan sharks and truck shops.

"The introduction of an interest and fees cap on high-cost loans will prevent people from accumulating large debt from a single small loan. For example, if you borrow $500 you will never have to pay back more than $1,000 in total, including all fees and interest.