sharetrader
Page 516 of 697 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 6963
    Guru

The southland region is not really a marginal electorate, though the city of invercargill is so it will be interesting to see. Is Tiwai in invercargill or southland..

I doubt Tiwai will be bailed out but some infrastructure upgrades may be possible.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 16-07-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Jacinda is down in Invercargill today. Looking for relevance possibly. Would not surprise me if there was a "bailout" announced.
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...smelter-s-fate

Another coalition shambles - getting harder and harder to cover up with Comrade Cindy’s cheesy smile.

Advanced Member

I see the latest poll has Judith Collins ahead of Jacinda Ardern in the preferred PM stakes by 53 to 47.
    Rock on, looking good for National this time around with a change in leadership. Nikki Kaye leaving has got to be good too.
    Can you be specific what poll was that? 53 v 47 was that 100 National party try hards?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Can you be specific what poll was that? 53 v 47 was that 100 National party try hards?
    It does not match with others eg-https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2020/07/new-political-poll-skyrockets-judith-collins-favourability-for-prime-minister.html

Jacinda is currently by far the preferred pm and probably will be at election time(unless an event happens-such as community transmission corvid and another lockdown like Victoria)

Legend

I see the latest poll has Judith Collins ahead of Jacinda Ardern in the preferred PM stakes by 53 to 47.
    Rock on, looking good for National this time around with a change in leadership. Nikki Kaye leaving has got to be good too.
    What poll?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Its not just his academic Skills and people skills that are what we need .
    The statement that his people skills as a a politician leave room for improvement I have no doubt is correct .He learns quickly and I feel he will rise to the challenge
    Politics may not come naturally to him but he does have a genuine desire to help people and walks the talk .
    He will know more about corvid -19 than any other politician
    Todd Muller looked good on paper and was unable to deliver. Being an effective confident communicator is an important skill if you are a Minister, and it was a skill which David Clark did not have. I agree that politics does not come naturally to Shane Reti. I will keep an open mind about his effectiveness as health spokesperson. We will see how he goes.

Politicians don’t need to know about Covid-19 personally, you just need to seek expert advice and be open to following it. Jacinda has her science adviser Professor Juliet Gerrard to provide expert advice.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauriew.../#3f13382a6cca
    There are two main streams of advice going into government. One is public health, and that’s managed through Dr Ashley Bloomfield (Director-General of Health) and Dr Caroline McElnay (Director of Public Health). The other stream has been via the science channel. So that’s myself and the Ministry of Health’s Chief Science Advisor, Prof Ian Town. We’ve been regularly advising Prime Minister Ardern and her Cabinet, as well as various senior officials.

I don’t think Nikki Kaye leaving is good because she was an experienced Minister who performed well. It is not good to be losing experienced and capable Ministers like her, Paula Bennett, Amy Adams. While I didn’t always agree with their policies they presented them well.

What poll?

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I don’t think Nikki Kaye leaving is good because she was an experienced Minister who performed well. It is not good to be losing experienced and capable Ministers like her, Paula Bennett, Amy Adams. While I didn’t always agree with their policies they presented them well.

What poll?
    What National has in its current lineup beats Comrade Cindy’s bunch of incompetents hands down.

Kiwibuild, anyone? 10,000 affordable homes promised by Labour and so far, less than 200 delivered.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What National has in its current lineup beats Comrade Cindy’s bunch of incompetents hands down.

Kiwibuild, anyone? 10,000 affordable homes promised by Labour and so far, less than 200 delivered.
    That’s a little unfair Bal, last official number I saw was 393. They may have been able to push through the big resistance at 400 by now .We all know they can’t build houses , I would have thought transmission Gully would have been an easier thing to complete . So close and then they put Twyford in charge , now they are talking late 2023 .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    That’s a little unfair Bal, last official number I saw was 393. They may have been able to push through the big resistance at 400 by now .We all know they can’t build houses , I would have thought transmission Gully would have been an easier thing to complete . So close and then they put Twyford in charge , now they are talking late 2023 .
    I apologise - indeed I have made errors with the numbers.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...riginal-target

The correct numbers should be 383 built by March 2020 out of 16,000 promised to be built by end of year 3 (Sept 2020).

Will only take Comrade Cindy & her incompetents another 399 years to achieve the huge promise of delivering 100,000 Kiwibuild affordable houses to first home buyers - a major election plank in 2017.