sharetrader
Page 551 of 697 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 6963
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think Parliament and all political parties, the media and the public, should really take a good hard look at ourselves. There has been a common thread in many of the valedictory speeches about a bullying and unforgiving culture. It has clearly taken a terrible toll personally on many of those MPs and their families.
    Clearly the system needs a change and the media in my view has a lot to answer for.
    Don't disagree but toxicity in organisations is common. Some make it to the media spotlight, most don't and people just leave.

MPs know they are going to be operating in a cut-and-thrust fishbowl. They are educated and experienced, usually, and are in a good position to manage their public profile effectively. They are also our lawmakers. If their behaviour attracts publicity that might be good or bad. If it is bad, they and their parties should be asking why very quickly.

Not a lot of sympathy from me for MPs who blot their copybooks and then have to deal with the fallout.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Don't disagree but toxicity in organisations is common. Some make it to the media spotlight, most don't and people just leave.

MPs know they are going to be operating in a cut-and-thrust fishbowl. They are educated and experienced, usually, and are in a good position to manage their public profile effectively. They are also our lawmakers. If their behaviour attracts publicity that might be good or bad. If it is bad, they and their parties should be asking why very quickly.

Not a lot of sympathy from me for MPs who blot their copybooks and then have to deal with the fallout.
    I agree with that. A lot of retiring politicians' valedictories focus on other people's faults, rather than their own mistakes. Human nature, I guess.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12354179

Manipulating jobless and unemployment numbers for the Sept election - using the wage subsidy.

And like the magician mesmerising the audience with the skimpy dressed lady, the unquestioning moronic voters are fooled.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12354179

Manipulating jobless and unemployment numbers for the Sept election - using the wage subsidy.

And like the magician mesmerising the audience with the skimpy dressed lady, the unquestioning moronic voters are fooled.
    To give him credit....Barry Soper has seen through Ardern from the outset. The old dog has been round the traps long enough to smell B/S from aways off. I remember catching an almost off camera eye-roll early days as the Cynical One dodged a question.

Geez I worry what we're going to get if it's just her alone post election. (deliberate wording). I don't think there is anyone capable of developing decent policy in her administration. She has already primed us for no meaningful policy pre-election. Imagine the crap that will flow after!

Dilettante

I have been trying to educate myself on the 2 referendum issues we are being asked to vote on in September. I have an open mind on both issues and just want some informative data.
    Seeing this from my local MP today frustrates me Clearly once again Jacinda and her Government are being very cynical and manipulative. Very frustrating.

“ Questioned Govt today on their besmirching of Professor Fischer’s reputation over his Medical Journal article on cannabis referendum.

Professor said information to electors contains “inflated and unrealistic political promises.”

Minister of Justice Andrew Little bagged the Medical Journal article saying it was “not based on science”. The Minister absented himself from being accountable for his unfair slur on this significant last day of Parliament before the vote.

Fischer is the Chair of Addiction Research at Auckland University Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences. The public should be concerned that info is viewed as misleading by such experts.

The brochure contains all the arguments for legalisation but none of the arguments against. Claims of “eliminating the illegal supply of cannabis” are not credible when overseas experience shows black markets still thrive.

Significantly, the info campaign is being run by the Ministry of Justice ( which must follow directions of govt ).For all previous referendum, info has come from the Electoral Commission or an Independent Panel.

Voters should note the very different tone of advice from the Electoral Commission on party and electorate vote that is neutral and referendum info that leads voters with all the benefits of proposals.

Voters should also note that the Euthanasia law has been through a full parliamentary process, whereas legalisation of cannabis is only a draft bill.

Beware of this stitch up. Govt is doing everything it can to get cannabis legalised and to bully those who question the plan.
    https://vimeo.com/445094625“

I have heard the argument that it is a lesser evil than alcohol and that rebutted with the analogy of would you then rather be run over by a bus or a truck!

JLR? Hypocrisy & deceit on a grand scale for this predator to express any kind of concern for anyone. And a proven pathological liar & predator.
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...tive-documents

Scumbag JLR trying to use sensitive information sent to him as part of the court document & discovery process to score political points.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...9-economy.html

Sir John Key says Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern disinterested in post-COVID-19 economy

Former Prime Minister Sir John Key says while Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern communicates well she is disinterested in the economy.

In an interview with John Banks on Magic Talk on Thursday Key said the Government is "fundamentally distrustful" of the private sector and Ardern lacks passion for the economy.

"I don't know whether the economy is her big thing really," he said.

"I don't know if she's terribly interested in all that stuff."

He also accused the Government of "not listening" to economic professionals.

"They're listening to the health professionals but not the economic ones," he said.

Despite his disappointment with Ardern's perceived lack of economic passion Key admitted her communication skills are impressive.

In other words, Cindy is your typical con-artist, gift of the gab but no substance.
    Last edited by Balance; 07-08-2020 at 09:11 AM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-what-it-didnt

I rate the gov't barely passed. But for communications and feel good incentives, I'm giving it an "A" grade. My party vote is to be decided still.

Advanced Member

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...9-economy.html

Sir John Key says Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern disinterested in post-COVID-19 economy

Former Prime Minister Sir John Key says while Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern communicates well she is disinterested in the economy.

In an interview with John Banks on Magic Talk on Thursday Key said the Government is "fundamentally distrustful" of the private sector and Ardern lacks passion for the economy.

"I don't know whether the economy is her big thing really," he said.

"I don't know if she's terribly interested in all that stuff."

He also accused the Government of "not listening" to economic professionals.

"They're listening to the health professionals but not the economic ones," he said.

Despite his disappointment with Ardern's perceived lack of economic passion Key admitted her communication skills are impressive.

In other words, Cindy is your typical con-artist, gift of the gab but no substance.

Ha, load of insubstantial waffle, obviously not true, from John & National's new strategy to use ex politicians like Key to try & get some hits on Jacinda Adern.

The economic catastrophe National were counting on & was supposed too have arrived immediately post lockdown, hasn't happened yet.

The economy was going gang busters prior to the Covid pandemic, thank you Grant Robertson, & things are going much better now than most banking economists expected.