sharetrader
Page 315 of 332 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 6636
  1. #6281
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    Jacinda: "Wear a mask and stay socially distant"

    Also Jacinda today:

    Attachment 11947
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...campaign-trail

    Cindy being called out for breaching mask wearing and social distancing advice in mainstream media.

    I have mentioned before and will do so here again - the media reads ST & itís good to see them highlighting the blatant hypocrisy here by Cindy.
    Last edited by Balance; 19-09-2020 at 02:33 PM.

  2. #6282
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...campaign-trail

    Cindy being called out for breaching mask wearing and social distancing advice in mainstream media.

    I have mentioned before and will do so here again - the media reads ST & it’s good to see them highlighting the blatant hypocrisy here by Cindy.
    Couple days late to the party but nice to see the hypocrisy finally broadcasted for all to see.

    Seymour is running a great campaign too. He has a knack for pointing out flaws without coming across too negative.

  3. #6283
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Well, It might help to raise revenue and hence take on less of that scary debt (1% fixed interest owned by our own rbnz) since these workers seem to be the only ones who pay tax.
    What a stupid comment.

  4. #6284
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    Seymour is running a great campaign too. He has a knack for pointing out flaws without coming across too negative.
    He doesn't seem to be connecting with people when I see him on tv. too bland for this I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    What a stupid comment.
    If you don't have an ambition to raise incomes but actually want to cut taxes, then how will there not be more debt.

  5. #6285
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

    If you don't have an ambition to raise incomes but actually want to cut taxes, then how will there not be more debt.
    Your comment that only those on minimum wages pay tax shows appalling ignorance. 24% of income tax is paid by the top 3% of earners. Those with incomes over $100,000 pay 42% of the total. Those under $50,000 pay only 19% of the total, yet comprise an extremely high percentage of earners.

  6. #6286
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Your comment that only those on minimum wages pay tax shows appalling ignorance. 24% of income tax is paid by the top 3% of earners. Those with incomes over $100,000 pay 42% of the total. Those under $50,000 pay only 19% of the total, yet comprise an extremely high percentage of earners.
    Youíre talking to a paid shill of the Labour Party, obviously lowly paid as they are completely and utterly ignorant. An embarrassment to the Labour Party.

  7. #6287
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Your comment that only those on minimum wages pay tax shows appalling ignorance. 24% of income tax is paid by the top 3% of earners. Those with incomes over $100,000 pay 42% of the total. Those under $50,000 pay only 19% of the total, yet comprise an extremely high percentage of earners.

    I didn't mean only these workers and you should obviously know that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You’re talking to a paid shill of the Labour Party, obviously lowly paid as they are completely and utterly ignorant. An embarrassment to the Labour Party.
    Not at all but the sort of stuff that's coming from the other side forces me to correct some pretty mistaken ways of thinking. So take a step outside the newstalk echo chamber.

    To be honest I don't think real kiwis care about the "scandals" posted here now and again, or on Newstalk. A bugee jumping subsidy.. really.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 19-09-2020 at 08:47 PM.

  8. #6288
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I didn't mean only these workers and you should obviously know that.

    No. I am not a mind-reader. That's how it reads, although there is no reference to the post you are commenting on, and btw what on earth is Nationals GST refund scheme you were on about in post 6263?
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 20-09-2020 at 07:58 AM.

  9. #6289
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Masterton, , NZ.
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You’re talking to a paid shill of the Labour Party, obviously lowly paid as they are completely and utterly ignorant. An embarrassment to the Labour Party.
    Oh dear - so if one is poorly paid maybe a cleaner or kitchenhand they are unworthy - a typical blue blood comment, sad really

  10. #6290
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Masterton, , NZ.
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    A 5k pay rise for a min wage 40 hour worker, and an extra week off on top of the 7+ weeks an employee currently gets. $8.50 coffees anyone?
    All I can say is - Diddums

  11. #6291
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    All I can say is - Diddums
    Thats the extent of most of your comments to be fair..

  12. #6292
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    All I can say is - Diddums
    Itís extraordinary I think that you post on a share forum, so presumably are an investor (?) and yet have no idea it seems, that these policies are paid for by the businesses we invest in. They are not paid by the tax payer, ergo the government, and yet the government can decide that they will burden business with additional expenses without any consideration as to whether those additional costs are warranted or affordable. Are you an investor? Do you care about the viability of Your investments? Do you care about whose making the decisions about your companies expenses?

  13. #6293
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Masterton, , NZ.
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It’s extraordinary I think that you post on a share forum, so presumably are an investor (?) and yet have no idea it seems, that these policies are paid for by the businesses we invest in. They are not paid by the tax payer, ergo the government, and yet the government can decide that they will burden business with additional expenses without any consideration as to whether those additional costs are warranted or affordable. Are you an investor? Do you care about the viability of Your investments? Do you care about whose making the decisions about your companies expenses?
    Thanks for the lecture

  14. #6294
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Thanks for the lecture
    Youíre welcome, how about you answer the questions?

    Do you care as an investor, which you have not yet admitted to being, that the government is making decisions that affect the viability of all businesses, including those that you can invest in on the market?

    Itís not clear at all that you have a grip on the implications of these decisions of the government that could put numerous businesses out of business, some of which are listed companies.

    Some of which you may be invested in, not that weíd know this far.

    So where exactly do you stand on this, are you towing a party line that affects all business viability, or perhaps not an investor and ambivalent?

    Itís difficult to know where you come from with your adamant support for labour, even when its anti free market.

    Time to fess up I think, tell us what your position is as an investor and reconcile that against having no power over decisions that affect the viability and returns of your investments

    See if you can conjoin your politics with with investment ambitions. I think you are conflicted. But donít want to admit it.

  15. #6295
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Maybe you are not noticing what is going on in the rest of the world. In your own bubble and it's quite sad.

    we have among the most lightly regulated markets in the developed world and you can cash out at any time with our highly liquid market. Maybe you should consider that if it's all becoming a bit too much.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 21-09-2020 at 01:20 AM.

  16. #6296
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Maybe you are not noticing what is going on in the rest of the world. In your own bubble and it's quite sad.

    we have among the most lightly regulated markets in the developed world and you can cash out at any time with our highly liquid market. Maybe you should consider that if it's all becoming a bit too much.
    Now you're talking Panda-NZ. Said like a true leftie. Cut off the hand that feeds you. Plenty of investors and business people from both here and overseas are getting more and more nervous about Labour's bottomless pit of goodies and debt. What do you think happens when they take your advice?

  17. #6297
    l'Excuse greater fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    83

    Default

    This is a kinda pointless weird rant. Just put out there to let the conspiracy theorists pick it apart.

    https://envirowatchrangitikei.wordpr...covid-treason/
    "There is something wrong with a regime that requires a pyramid of corpses every few years." George Orwell.

  18. #6298
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Maybe you are not noticing what is going on in the rest of the world. In your own bubble and it's quite sad.

    we have among the most lightly regulated markets in the developed world and you can cash out at any time with our highly liquid market. Maybe you should consider that if it's all becoming a bit too much.
    And maybe you will realise that it is impossible to know who or what you are replying to.

  19. #6299
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Now you're talking Panda-NZ. Said like a true leftie. Cut off the hand that feeds you. Plenty of investors and business people from both here and overseas are getting more and more nervous about Labour's bottomless pit of goodies and debt. What do you think happens when they take your advice?
    Goodies are a stimulus and all of it ends up with a landlord or business. why would anyone worry about debt when every country is taking it on. It's a useful tool in many cases.

  20. #6300
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Goodies are a stimulus and all of it ends up with a landlord or business. why would anyone worry about debt when every country is taking it on. It's a useful tool in many cases.
    So now you are saying that Labour is a party of the Landed Gentry! Their constituent base can get stuffed and be good little taxpayers and pay off the debt.

    What does Labour actually stand for?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •