sharetrader
Page 152 of 697 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 6963

This reported in Stuff so it cant be true. Lordy - please say its not true. "There is speculation that Whaitiri's troubles were part of the reason Curran was not more fully admonished, as Whaitiri is the next senior female MP in line for promotion."

If this is the depth of the talent pool no wonder business confidence is so low

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Two down - how many ministers left in her cabinet? Meka Whaitiri bounced out of her portfolio.

(this is like shooting fish in a barrel - they make it too easy for me!)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...staffing-issue
    I am sure the government won't run out of ministers. It is not the numbers but the quality which worries me.

Stuff has been told relations in Whaitiri's office are toxic and she is understood to have been through an entire rotation of staff in the short time she has been in the job.
    People who are close to the situation told Stuff on Thursday Whaitiri can be unpleasant and difficult to deal with
    Is this how Jacinda recognizes a natural candidate for the minister of Crown / Maori relations?

Either the current coalition has still less quality people to work with than I thought (and my expectations in that regard haven't been high) - or Jacinda is quite inept in picking good people for her government. Whatever it is - its not good for the country.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Is this how Jacinda recognizes a natural candidate for the minister of Crown / Maori relations?

Either the current coalition has still less quality people to work with than I thought (and my expectations in that regard haven't been high) - or Jacinda is quite inept in picking good people for her government. Whatever it is - its not good for the country.
    I'm at a total loss how they identify talent. We've also got the Wally Haumaha Dep Police Commissioner saga as well as rumours Derek Handleys going to get the ICT job.

I'm at a loss how statements of fact can be interpreted as "bitching".
    Not fact, your opinion.

"there is no tax policy." WTF OMG BBQ.. better tell that to the IRD, they seem to have volumes of tax rules and legislation to fall back on.

" How can business have confidence when wage rates are arbitrary pushed up" this has always been how minimum wage has been set for as long as I remember. Govt of the day increases minimum wage as it sees fit. Nothing new, but apparently because its labour there can be no confidence. Yet when National did it almost every year there was no problem? (C) Tui.

I'm at a total loss how they identify talent. We've also got the Wally Haumaha Dep Police Commissioner saga as well as rumours Derek Handleys going to get the ICT job.
    It is just past 6pm and you have already made 10 posts today expressing your dislike of the present Govt. If your chrisian name is not David or Simon perhaps you should find a hobby to occupy your time. It is only politics not life and death.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post

"there is no tax policy." WTF OMG BBQ.. better tell that to the IRD, they seem to have volumes of tax rules and legislation to fall back on..

Precisely - running on existing legislation.Where si Labours Tax Policy? Should be some given they spent 9 years in opposition doing something - something like creating policy?

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    It is just past 6pm and you have already made 10 posts today expressing your dislike of the present Govt. If your chrisian name is not David or Simon perhaps you should find a hobby to occupy your time. It is only politics not life and death.

westerly
    Ohh. Heres another one. If Labour stopped giving me the opportunity I'd wind it back a bit.

Precisely - running on existing legislation.Where si Labours Tax Policy? Should be some given they spent 9 years in opposition doing something - something like creating policy?
    "
    • Set up a Tax Working Group, to ensure that there is a better and fairer balance between the taxation of income and assets, in particular the capital gain associated with property speculation. The outcomes of this Working Group – if any – will not take effect until the 2021 tax year"

As specified here: https://www.labour.org.nz/tax Dunno how you get they have no policy, its written in plain english right there. So the policy is no major changes till after the next election cycle.. how is that uncertain?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    "As specified here: https://www.labour.org.nz/tax Dunno how you get they have no policy, its written in plain english right there. So the policy is no major changes till after the next election cycle.. how is that uncertain?
    You got me - I was being a little flippant. Who could forget how they increased our tax on 1 April

You got me - I was being a little flippant. Who could forget how they increased our tax on 1 April

Waaah waah waaah. Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles.