sharetrader
Page 173 of 697 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Interestingly I filled my tank in a place called Shannon today (just north of Levin and South of Palmerston North. I commented to the cashier that the price was relatively cheap here (2.19) and she said "yes here it is but not elsewhere, but the govt seems to know what they are doing. If they carry on like this they will wreck the economy." You could tell she was quite annoyed by petrol going up and this will cost Labour a lot of votes if it continues along this path.
    Labour will only lose votes if Simon has a baby, and as far as I know he's not even pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Labour will only lose votes if Simon has a baby, and as far as I know he's not even pregnant.
    Gee that baby is sure being used as a major marketing tool. NZ press its "hands Off" with photos (which I think is right) but lets haul the kid along to the UN for as many photo ops as possible. Talk about child exploitation.

As for Clark "Stay at home dad" (who doesn't seem to be doing much staying at home) I really hope he is taking the mick when he says ""I wish I could have captured the startled look on a Japanese delegation inside UN yesterday who walked into a meeting room in the middle of a nappy change." Have some respect man - delegates dont expect to walk into a pile of sh1tty nappies in a meeting room.

As for "first baby", baby brains obviously well engaged. (https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...25-p505sf.html)

IMO

Interestingly I filled my tank in a place called Shannon today (just north of Levin and South of Palmerston North. I commented to the cashier that the price was relatively cheap here (2.19) and she said "yes here it is but not elsewhere, but the govt seems to know what they are doing. If they carry on like this they will wreck the economy." You could tell she was quite annoyed by petrol going up and this will cost Labour a lot of votes if it continues along this path.
    Trump is the main culprit here with his Iran sanctions.Oil is up re 40% in the last year. Pretty myopic blaming the govt at the bottom of the world.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Trump is the main culprit here with his Iran sanctions.Oil is up re 40% in the last year. Pretty myopic blaming the govt at the bottom of the world.
    Another 3.5c tax attached from 1st October. Are you going to blame Trump for that?

IMO

Nope . Pointing out what the world has to pay since 2 million barrels day taken out of the mkt due to trumps sanctions is the reason for most of the rises not restricted to NZ.

I see the prayer at the start of Parliament yesterday was said in Chinese
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Another 3.5c tax attached from 1st October. Are you going to blame Trump for that?
    Add to that the Auckland Goff Labour tax which is filtering through. Yeah don't think Trump has anything to do with that.

IMO

Not for that little portion, but for infrastructure required that the last govt failed to deliver.

Looking at the web site that lists petrol prices around NZ it would appear that some areas of the Country are being ripped off by the oil companies.
    Auckland even with the regional tax added is paying less than other areas in NZ
    However the market is always correct.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Looking at the web site that lists petrol prices around NZ it would appear that some areas of the Country are being ripped off by the oil companies.
    Auckland even with the regional tax added is paying less than other areas in NZ
    However the market is always correct.

westerly
    Wellington reckon we are subsidising (or even paying) the Auckland Regional Tax

Commerce Commision don’t want to know ...wonder why
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”