sharetrader
Page 347 of 697 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    There's not one single real businessperson or farmer in the whole freaking cabinet.

That's the problem.
    Just to keep this a bit in balance.

NZ had so far 1 Covid-19 death, this is 0.2 ppm of the population;

The US (with many crooked and corrupt business people running the show) approaching today the 10000 dead people mark (mainly due to the ineptness of the top decision maker), this is 30 ppm of their population.

The UK (with many crooked and corrupt business people running the show) approaching today the 5000 dead people mark (mainly due to the ineptness of the top decision maker), this is 75 ppm of the British population.

It sort of feels better to survive in a country which is run by a government which cares about people than to die in a country which is run by narcissist and inept business people who only care about their personal wealth and clout.

While I agree, that there are lots of things which still could have been handled better in NZ - on an international stage our government does not really need to hide.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    All essential Businesses permitted to continue operating

Would would those on the other end of the Spectrum be saying ?

What about those with Businesses now shut down, facing all the rest of their ongoing overhead costs ?
    (Remember Govt has only relieved them of some wage costs & made provision for guarantee of
    Bank Loans - that is if they survive the duration & they can afford to repay down the track;
    and nothing more)

Or all those about to be made redundant ?

Or those Casuals in Hospitality industries now being cut to No Hours / No Job ?

Would those in later groups be saying something considerably different ?

Just for Balance in looking at things
    No idea just quoting from an NZ Herald article. Anecdotally everyone but one person who forgot and tried to invade my two metre space i have spoken to are big supporters of what our govt is doing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Very good couple of posts nztx. I have been reluctant to criticise the Government too much so far but am increasingly concerned about the apparent lack of any realistic plan to assist small and medium sized businesses continuing, tens of thousands of which are going to the wall as we speak. Not helped by the wage subsidies not being paid out. I am also concerned that there appears to be plan whatsoever on how to restart the country again and sadly I don't think this inexperienced Cabinet is capable of it. Some very expensive mistakes are being made I'm afraid.
    It will be interesting to see how business are evaluated to see which should survive and which shouldn't.
    Not all small and medium businesses will be worth resusitating - some just should fail and make way for others to fill the space better.

IMO

Liam Dann: 8 reasons NZ is in good shape to get through this

8 Sane leaders

Our politicians, on both sides, might be a quirky earnest bunch but, relative to what we're seeing in places like the US, that's a very good thing.
    The Opposition has been prepared to work collaboratively through this and is now doing a good job of pushing the Government on specific issues, which in turn are, mostly, being addressed.
    Mistakes will be made and some things may happen slower than they should but as along as the Government keeps listening and adapting they can be forgiven.

Ive taken out an 8 week sub for $64 to i can access all the herald , well worth it imo and supportive of journalists.

Dilettante

Yesterday the PM said it was a "ridiculous suggestion" that the Health Minister should resign.
    Today she said the only reason he is staying in his job is that she doesn't want disruption at this time but he has been absolutely wrong and will be demoted to the bottom of the rank. Well which one is it PM. Make up your mind and show decisiveness. How can she possible keep a Health Minister that has been flouting the rules and not only once, a minister she has demoted and lost confidence in.
    Not a good look.

Guru

What's with Simon Bridges driving back and forth Tauranga to Wellington.
    Surely he can do his work remotely as most seem to be able to or stay in Wellington.
    Unnecessary travel!

IMO

If we weren't in a "war " footing he'd probably be gone but we need him at least until this is over.
    As for Simon Bridges, we dont need him he needs to be demoted to the bottom.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    If we weren't in a "war " footing he'd probably be gone but we need him at least until this is over.
    War footing has nothing to do with it. During a war is the best time to get rid of incompetent officers and promote the ones that can perform. The PM is telling porkies again. Must admit she is the best to date in NZ that I have seen at lying so glibly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I've actually got some sympathy for David Clark. The first weekend when he went to the beach the rules weren't that clear to anyone. The mountain biking was dumb and deserved a public reprimand which he got.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    What's with Simon Bridges driving back and forth Tauranga to Wellington.
    Surely he can do his work remotely as most seem to be able to or stay in Wellington.
    Unnecessary travel!
    Yep totally agree. Either he bases himself in Wellington or he uses the technology he has. You would thing with 4 kids? he should have plenty of bandwith at his place of residence.