sharetrader
Page 18 of 697 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    What a strange response. I didn't mention National or Labour and I certainly didn't pretend anything. And neither is 'my' government. Whichever is in power is 'our' government.
    Ok, I apologise for the comment/assumptions I made re “your government.” I jumped to the conclusion (from your comment) that you were having a dig at Labour.

My my sincere apologies if that wasn’t the case ��

Veteran novice

I don't see why this parental leave thing shouldn't be back-dated. About 40 years would suit me fine!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Ok, I apologise for the comment/assumptions I made re “your government.” I jumped to the conclusion (from your comment) that you were having a dig at Labour.

My my sincere apologies if that wasn’t the case ��
    No. It wasn't a dig at Labour. You are forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I don't see why this parental leave thing shouldn't be back-dated. About 40 years would suit me fine!

I think it should apply until the kids are 18 years old. Damn expensive creatures they are and its in these later years you really want to be home to keep an eye on them.!

Banned

I still fail to see why I should pay for other people's lifestyle choice to have however many children they want to have, no one pays me any benefit for the good lifestyle I choose to live.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I still fail to see why I should pay for other people's lifestyle choice to have however many children they want to have, no one pays me any benefit for the good lifestyle I choose to live.
    Totally agree. It is the emotive thing about children that prevails.

Thats like saying why should your taxes should go towards education because you have no kids in school. Or why should your money pay for mental health costs because you don’t have a mental health condition. Or why should you contribute to infrastructure costs because you don’t have a car and you live off the grid.

If you feel exploited by your taxes contributing to the lives of other people maybe you’re living in the wrong country.

Thats like saying why should your taxes should go towards education because you have no kids in school. Or why should your money pay for mental health costs because you don’t have a mental health condition. Or why should you contribute to infrastructure costs because you don’t have a car and you live off the grid.

If you feel exploited by your taxes contributing to the lives of other people maybe you’re living in the wrong country.
    If I didnt have to pay for others people's education I would be able to pay my own substantial mental health costs.

Banned

There are essential services and then there are free lunch passes, spot the difference.

There are essential services and then there are free lunch passes, spot the difference.
    Before I respond to that can I ask if you have children?
    Last edited by justakiwi; 16-11-2017 at 03:09 PM.