sharetrader
Page 126 of 697 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Lets dissect it for a moment:
    - When have teh police ever front footed a civil matter of rumour (defamation) to say an individual is not under police investigation? (I reckon never)
    -police take 4 months to commence laying charges against a person known to them from day one of teh investigation where every one (except teh accused potentially) says the offences happen. It didn't take them 4 months less a week before PM stepped into maternity leave or four months plus a week after PM had retuned from hospital.
    - Govt owned air NZ just happens to have a "Government relations" job going and out of all teh applicants (including ex national MP's ) he just happened to secure it on teh eve of a police announcement
    - First lady has her baby and is kept under guard for three days at hospital after no apparent complications with teh birth and plenty of family and public support and then announces name of baby just before police announcement.

I suppose you still believe out of al teh people who knew the PM had the day before attended a Labour event which resulted in four separate alleged sexual assaults, under age drinking and kids so crook they were still puking the next day and no-one, not one single person thought to mention it straight away to the PM
    The police have stated they were getting so many inquiries from the media, they took the unusual step of publicly saying they were not investigating your first man.
    Why is there not a media frenzy from the generally right favouring media if there is any truth in your
    allegations? Why has Judith not been emailed?
    Be carefull, you may have the SIS, Nicky Hager, and the armed offenders all arriving on your doorstep.All together. Only joking

westerly

Guru Mark from Craig’s comments on business survey ....but no worries because David Parker says the survey is a load of crap

Mark Lister (@MarkListerNZ)
    27/06/18, 4:24 PM
    OK. So business confidence has now been negative for nine consecutive months, the longest stretch in more than a decade. I’m not sure the government can ignore this for much longer. Policy uncertainty is clearly a key factor, and it doesn’t bode well for growth.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Pay rises and about time , good for all those people swimming to stay afloat, or walking the treadmill to cover their costs of living and pay the rent/ mortgage. Ultimately a win /win/win for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Pay rises and about time , good for all those people swimming to stay afloat, or walking the treadmill to cover their costs of living and pay the rent/ mortgage. Ultimately a win /win/win for us all.
    Hopefully we will see an improvement in productivity to reflect the higher pay.

Hands up anyone who will notice IRD or MBIE on strike?

Twyford still arguing fuel tax is not a regressive tax

He just doesn’t get many things
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Hopefully we will see an improvement in productivity to reflect the higher pay.

Hands up anyone who will notice IRD or MBIE on strike?
    I'll take notice - if my tax refund doesn't come through!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'll take notice - if my tax refund doesn't come through!
    On reflection, and after completing my return I find I owe them. So they can strike as long as they like.

"No new taxes" (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...es-says-labour) isnt tha thow it went? so now another petrol tax for everyone to enjoy is coming up. Good one labour. Twyford now says "There will be three increases in petrol excise duty of 3.5 cents a litre from 30 September, and equivalent increases in road user charges from October 1, and further 3.5 cent increases in 2019 and 2020.

"This will cost the average family 83 cents a week this year, rising to $2.50 a week by 2020."

I better go out and buy a more economical car!

Veteran novice

Yes, no need for new taxes when there's plenty of existing ones to increase!

Advanced Member

Last Thursday I tried to enter my IRD return to enter dividend that would radically affect my return and result in a significant rebate for me. Finally I telephoned IRD and persisted 'till I got a real person. He got the numbers from me, worked it out and told me the amount I could expect to receive in my A/C by "Wednesday of next week". The money was in my account by Friday, the next day. I've always had great service from IRD.