sharetrader
Page 510 of 697 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 6963
    Guru

a plan to deliver NZ'ers a powerpoint presentation

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    a plan to deliver NZ'ers a powerpoint presentation
    Common enough to present a policy framework then add detail. All parties do it. Well they don't all add detail, or the detail proves decidedly wonky (technical political term).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/10...-arderns-plan/
    Quiz: Can you tell Todd Muller’s plan from Jacinda Ardern’s plan? Good luck - I scored four out of ten.
    The question is, can you guess which one is from which party, or is it just, as Winston Peters likes to say, a choice between Coke and Pepsi?

Ha, I also got 4 out of 10.
    Heard (right leaning) Helen du p Allen at the end of a shambolic week for National saying supporters you have to admit it, Todd Muller is not up to the job.
    His inexperience shows & he's going to get eaten alive by Jacinda Adern in the TV debates (even with the intensive communications training he's now be given).
    Muller's never even been a minister & yet here he is catapulted into leader of one of the main parties. Might have been a good future leader but just not ready & his future must be in doubt now.

Btw agree, anyone who equates Clark going for a quiet mountain bike ride on a forest trail during lockdown, with Walker's malicious act of spreading patients private health information to 3 media outlets has a very limited sense of moral perspective.
    Ministers are under enormous pressure & only human. People don't understand but for someone like Clark who has done an Ironman, when you are that fit, regular exercise is essential.
    The way I see it, going for a harmless bike ride or a quiet walk on a deserted beach, while a minor mistake in his position, was understandable & a much better way to ease pressure than hitting the alcohol.

Veteran novice

Muller's never even been a minister & yet here he is catapulted into leader of one of the main parties
    There's a recent precedent for that!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    There's a recent precedent for that!

Ha, yes you're right, I'd forgotten. Whatever your politics, just shows what a phenomenon Jacinda Adern is.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is that Peter Dunne you are talking about ? He is not anywhere by hanging onto NP coat tails. He is retired from politics. I find his opinion pieces interesting ro read with his extensive knowledge of how Government politics work.
    As you know, he served a lot of time in Labour administrations, even as a Labour MP, so your comment is a bit odd.
    Caught out there I was referring to his articles which show a marked National bias. He seems to have
    crossed sides during his lengthy career but must admit he was a survivor. Like Douglas he forgot where he came from.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Ha, I also got 4 out of 10.
    Heard (right leaning) Helen du p Allen at the end of a shambolic week for National saying supporters you have to admit it, Todd Muller is not up to the job.
    His inexperience shows & he's going to get eaten alive by Jacinda Adern in the TV debates (even with the intensive communications training he's now be given).
    Muller's never even been a minister & yet here he is catapulted into leader of one of the main parties. Might have been a good future leader but just not ready & his future must be in doubt now.

Btw agree, anyone who equates Clark going for a quiet mountain bike ride on a forest trail during lockdown, with Walker's malicious act of spreading patients private health information to 3 media outlets has a very limited sense of moral perspective.
    Ministers are under enormous pressure & only human. People don't understand but for someone like Clark who has done an Ironman, when you are that fit, regular exercise is essential.
    The way I see it, going for a harmless bike ride or a quiet walk on a deserted beach, while a minor mistake in his position, was understandable & a much better way to ease pressure than hitting the alcohol.
    Yes, Muller has never been a minister so that shows the lack of talent in the National party. They chose someone inexperienced in the hope he would be better than any of those who did have experience as a minister.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Caught out there I was referring to his articles which show a marked National bias. He seems to have
    crossed sides during his lengthy career but must admit he was a survivor. Like Douglas he forgot where he came from.

westerly
    Why would anyone concern themselves with where they came from? It's knowing the best place to head for that makes for success.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Why would anyone concern themselves with where they came from? It's knowing the best place to head for that makes for success.
    On the other hand:
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Even the Donald on Twitter said
    THOSE THAT DENY THEIR HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT”

Although he was saying that to justify commemorating and celebrating the confederate heroic statues.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 12-07-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Nothing wrong with Mike Hoskings - he has more influence and impact with his little toe with the public than you in your whole entire life so far. ��
    Oh really - how would you know? What are you - his mentor or something? I bets hes only got a couple of mates and you must be one of them.