sharetrader
Page 276 of 697 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Not just that. Should such a stroppy, aggressive and rude little know-it-all be associated with peace?
    I am sure she would be much more deserving than e.g. Kim Yong-Un, Vladimir Putin or Donald Trump - and they all are as well on this list (though this might be just a reflection on human stupidity).

As well, while I am not saying she would deserve the price - I don't think the committee should reward a persons lack of aggressiveness (or stroppiness ), but which contribution the candidates made to reduce or prevent conflicts.

If we look however at the increasing stream of refugees around the world which at least partially is produced by extreme climate events (worsening the economic basis of refugees from Central America going into the US and of Africans going to Europe), then shaking up mankind and at least trying to mitigate the threat of further deterioration (and an avalanche of refugees which might not always come peacefully), then one could argue she might well be deserving.

So far I think she did a better job than Al Gore in terms of bringing the subject into the headlines - and didn't Al Gore get the price as well?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Jacinda doesn’t think she’s in the running Because “Over the last year I have done nothing but my job."

Some would say that statement is 3 words too long.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jacinda doesn’t think she’s in the running Because “Over the last year I have done nothing but my job."

Some would say that statement is 3 words too long.
    Some might say that, but I don't think that would be fair. Obviously - one could question, whether she did her job in its entirety, but her performance after the Christchurch terror attacks was definitely outstanding.

It is some of the other parts of her job I would be concerned about:
    • Kiwi build: failure
    • Justice reform (yes, we do need one!): failure
    • Tax hikes - well, she delivered (one could say over delivered), but is this really what we wanted and need?
    • Education: Now just more expensive but less capable (killing of charter schools just to please the unions): failure;
    • hiring and leading a capable team ... hmm, maybe one could say she did the best she could do with a bad lot ..
    • running an open, transparent and honest government - oh dear ....
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 10-10-2019 at 07:20 AM. Reason: format
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

A very capable team for sure i agree with that nothing else but im not a negative bitter depressed national sad sack. Thank god for the reviews the govt instigated exposing neglect and lack of spending from the previous "glossy" govt. Now that stale ,irrelevent party is lying, faking and misinforming as well as kicking own goals. Simon has to go hes dragged his party into the cesspit with him, shame dear shame

Great the selection panel for the Nobel peace prize are unbiased. Our Prime Minister is a top four chance of winning and deservedly so. Humble about it too but never enough for the tall poppy syndrome brigade.lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    A very capable team for sure i agree with that nothing else but im not a negative bitter depressed national sad sack. Thank god for the reviews the govt instigated exposing neglect and lack of spending from the previous "glossy" govt. Now that stale ,irrelevent party is lying, faking and misinforming as well as kicking own goals. Simon has to go hes dragged his party into the cesspit with him, shame dear shame

Great the selection panel for the Nobel peace prize are unbiased. Our Prime Minister is a top four chance of winning and deservedly so. Humble about it too but never enough for the tall poppy syndrome brigade.lol
    I for one am not a "negative bitter depressed national sad sack". Grant Robertson is probably the only capable Cabinet Minister she has, not that I necessarily agree with how he operates. Andrew Little is in way over his head and has, I suspect, been reined in by some wise heads in the Justice Ministry. Remember he was keen to do away with presumption of innocence in trials of a sexual crime? Keen to do away with one of the foundations of our democracy, established and hard fought for over centuries. Don't get me started on Curran, Genter, Lees Galloway and the rest of the sorry bunch. They scare the crap out of me.

And at the head of the table (when Winston isn't pushing her aside) sits the most cynical politician we have seen in a generation. Suckled on the breast of her great mentor Aunty Helen in the art of politics, but without her brains. Prepared to smile and weedle her way out of any scandal by expecting us to believe she wasn't aware, while initiating reviews into inquiries ad nauseum. Oh, and promising transparent government all the while.

Veteran novice

A three-headed dog?

National certainly dodged a bullet in 2017. Thank you Winston!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...s-out-of-juice

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I for one am not a "negative bitter depressed national sad sack". Grant Robertson is probably the only capable Cabinet Minister she has, not that I necessarily agree with how he operates. Andrew Little is in way over his head and has, I suspect, been reined in by some wise heads in the Justice Ministry. Remember he was keen to do away with presumption of innocence in trials of a sexual crime? Keen to do away with one of the foundations of our democracy, established and hard fought for over centuries. Don't get me started on Curran, Genter, Lees Galloway and the rest of the sorry bunch. They scare the crap out of me.
    You've omitted the star of the show, Twyford. Although he features in 'the rest of the sorry bunch' he has definitely earned a spot in the highlights.

[QUOTE=jonu;774027]I for one am not a "negative bitter depressed national sad sack". Grant Robertson is probably the only capable Cabinet Minister she has, not that I necessarily agree with how he operates. Andrew Little is in way over his head and has, I suspect, been reined in by some wise heads in the Justice Ministry. Remember he was keen to do away with presumption of innocence in trials of a sexual crime? Keen to do away with one of the foundations of our democracy, established and hard fought for over centuries. Don't get me started on Curran, Genter, Lees Galloway and the rest of the sorry bunch. They scare the crap out of me. quote

Politicians scare the crap out of you ? You must be very easily frightened.
    Doesn,t stop you spreading misinformation though.
    .https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11289979
    Mind you fungus is terified Twyford will catch up with him.

westerly

IMO

Lees galloway has my highest admiration in the way he dealt with that fakery national and some media created. Overlooked was the FACT that he had not been given all the information required to make a correct decision. Something another excellent review has shown up recently re improvements in process and information sharing required. If people like jonu are manipulated so easily well that worries me. This guy states he is his own man and can sniff out the fakery in life!

Guru

[QUOTE=westerly;774111]
    Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I for one am not a "negative bitter depressed national sad sack". Grant Robertson is probably the only capable Cabinet Minister she has, not that I necessarily agree with how he operates. Andrew Little is in way over his head and has, I suspect, been reined in by some wise heads in the Justice Ministry. Remember he was keen to do away with presumption of innocence in trials of a sexual crime? Keen to do away with one of the foundations of our democracy, established and hard fought for over centuries. Don't get me started on Curran, Genter, Lees Galloway and the rest of the sorry bunch. They scare the crap out of me. quote

Politicians scare the crap out of you ? You must be very easily frightened.
    Doesn,t stop you spreading misinformation though.
    .https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11289979
    Mind you fungus is terified Twyford will catch up with him.

westerly
    I stand by what I said. No misinformation.