sharetrader
Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295
Results 4,411 to 4,413 of 4413
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    What increasingly concerns me, is why are landlords beings singled out? My tenants, whom we have provided a significant reduction in lease, inform me that none of their other suppliers will provide longer payment terms, reduction in service costs, etc. In fact many suppliers have increased their costs. It's only landlords that are the primary target for generous discounts.
    That fella' upstairs made landlords specifically as a punching bag for lessees.

Landlords of commercial properties will be thinking very hard before adding to their portfolios. Developers and construction companies will be getting anxious. The impact of government decisions tampering with contracts will reverberate for a long time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    What increasingly concerns me, is why are landlords being singled out? My tenants, whom we have provided a significant reduction in lease, inform me that none of their other suppliers will provide longer payment terms, reduction in service costs, etc. In fact many suppliers have increased their costs. It's only landlords that are the primary target for generous discounts.
    I now think that if the government wants to support commercial tenants then the government should subsidise tenants’ lease payments.

Otherwise Landlords should be able to demand what is due on the lease. If the lessee cannot pay, then the landlord should be able to pursue the lessee for any debt, and then should be free to sell the property, leave it vacant or find another lessee who can pay the full amount the landlord wants.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Yesterday at 07:35 PM.