sharetrader
Page 10 of 697 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Time for me to bow out of this “discussion”, not because I feel I am beaten but because I realise that these kinds of debates, especially political, really achieve nothing. They also create stress that serves no good purpose. Besides which its past my bedtime. In the words of Douglas Adams “So long and thanks for all the fish.”
    Good on you mate. You'll find a lot of sour grapes on here, bitter and twisted imo. Im enjoying sitting back and watching this govt for change , as has been around the world just getting on with it in a calm collaborative sensible way. We can join in and be supportive and caring or we can be divisive and heartless but hey that hasn't worked been there done that and failed most New Zealanders .

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Good on you mate. You'll find a lot of sour grapes on here, bitter and twisted imo. .
    Its not about this at all. Its about sensible rational ideas. Perhaps you can explain to me whyh I should go out to work to creat taxes to be supportive and caring to Australains by allowing them one year of free education. I'm not being divisive or heartless but all I can see happening is a decrease in the average IQ of both countries as a result. But is this really wise spending of my money - especially as its more than likely that year will end up being a "gap year" which allows school leavers an opportunity to get pissed at my expense.

Labour need to be honest - this is simply an attempt to lower the NEET numbers and the only they can do it is to tax those in employment

Oh lordy, its a shambles on day one. Passing Law 101 - have enough Members in the House on your side to pass a vote. Labour couldn't even do that today and they nearly lost the opportunity to have Mallard elected as Speaker. 5 snouters (including Winston) couldn't even turn up for open day. Does not bode well for the future.

Day One win to National. They get 12 extra Select Committee seas and 5 Chair positions in exchange for Mallard getting SPeaker.
    Last edited by minimoke; 07-11-2017 at 12:27 PM.

IMO

What a stuff up a bonus for national alright. Winston one of the absentees! Beginners mistake for Jacinda,, the future and present still looking great.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 07-11-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Jacinda

Guru

Joshua her name is Jacinda. At least spell your heroine's name correctly.

IMO

Thanks.Blimmen spell check on my comp keeps modifying words

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    What a stuff up a bonus for national alright. Winston one of the absentees! Beginners mistake for Jacinda,, the future and present still looking great.
    The thing about beginners trying out their new training wheels is that if there is an obstacle near by they will steer right towards it and hit it. You don't even need to put the obstacle right in front - pretty much no matter where it is their eyes will fall on it and "crash" one learner lying flat on the ground, wheels spinning in the air.

That's all well and good watching your kid on a new bike. But not for our economy.

Advanced Member

Actually the government did have the numbers, which makes it more embarrassing. They will learn from their mistake though. Mr Bridges was clever.

Mr Peters is in the air, travelling to Vietnam, it appears.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Actually the government did have the numbers, which makes it more embarrassing. They will learn from their mistake though. Mr Bridges was clever.

Mr Peters is in the air, travelling to Vietnam, it appears.
    Yes they did have the numbers, but only if Mallard voted for himself (not a good look). So Labour cocked up and choses the option of 'not' having the numbers and caves in on Nationals demands for Select Committee representation in lieu of not contesting the vote for Speaker.

Day 1.

National 1
    Labour nil

What a laugh (shambles). Lol.

Labour have explained exactly why they went with the option they did. They were well aware they had the numbers, if as you have said above, Mallard voted for himself. Like you, they felt that would not be a “good look.”

They made a calculated decision based on that. Whether you believe that, or agree with it is irrelevant. You guys, like National, appear to be determined to jump on every move this government makes. Give them a bloody chance! Geez.

By the way, am I the only female in these forums? WAY too much “old boys club” testosterone in here.