sharetrader
Page 100 of 697 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I don't know. But the whole thing is right up Winston's alley. He's managed to pin rhe rumour on National without actually naming them. Vintage Winnie.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I don't know. But the whole thing is right up Winston's alley. He's managed to pin the rumour on National without actually naming them. Vintage Winnie.
    There are actually several rumours circulating at the moment. Last time I looked, rumours are just rumours but if they they are defamatory then that is a civil matter not a police matter. So now we have the police stepping into a civil matter involving a person tied to the labour party - that is simply wrong. (and all they have done is settle the criminal aspects of the rumours - not the other rumours. So not overly helpful).

Im sure political parties must have a manual on how to manage rumours and that it doesn't involving the police because that is a constitutional breach by mixing the separate powers of the Judiciary with the Executive. Its about time Labour caught up with the rules of being in government.

Guru

There are actually several rumours circulating at the moment. Last time I looked, rumours are just rumours but if they they are defamatory then that is a civil matter not a police matter. So now we have the police stepping into a civil matter involving a person tied to the labour party - that is simply wrong. (and all they have done is settle the criminal aspects of the rumours - not the other rumours. So not overly helpful).

Im sure political parties must have a manual on how to manage rumours and that it doesn't involving the police because that is a constitutional breach by mixing the separate powers of the Judiciary with the Executive. Its about time Labour caught up with the rules of being in government.
    I'm not privy to the rumours, although I did see someone allude to them on this site at some stage.

If the rumours said he was under police investigation then I have no problem with the police making a statement to the contrary in the circumstances. If the rumours involved only civil matters then I agree fully with you Minimoke

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I'm not privy to the rumours, although I did see someone allude to them on this site at some stage.

If the rumours said he was under police investigation then I have no problem with the police making a statement to the contrary in the circumstances. If the rumours involved only civil matters then I agree fully with you Minimoke
    One of the rumours are that he was under police investigation according to the police statement denying they were involved with any such investigation. I have no idea what any other rumours were - nor do I care.

All this is a very nice distraction from something that isn't a rumour - and that is the sexual assaults at the Labour Camp. Loads of rumours circulating about that event. Rumours the police are silent on and rumours that will be silenced once the Labour Party Investigation is published - its taking a while!

Legend

All this is a very nice distraction from something that isn't a rumour - and that is the sexual assaults at the Labour Camp. Loads of rumours circulating about that event. Rumours the police are silent on and rumours that will be silenced once the Labour Party Investigation is published - its taking a while!
    That's a really interesting one. Whodunnit?

That's a really interesting one. Whodunnit?
    Now here's a conundrum. There are two main rumours. The person who did the Kiddy Fiddling (and that persons parent) and the person who supplied the alcohol. The police have not issued a statement saying these people are not involved in any investigation - so does that mean the rumours are true?

Makes a good story but from all accounts nothing new and still no indication of what they are atually going to do ....plenty of buzzwords and slogans and a bit of ra ra

Probably a winter or two of discontent coming up

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...nt-in-the-room
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Makes a good story but from all accounts nothing new and still no indication of what they are atually going to do ....plenty of buzzwords and slogans and a bit of ra ra

Probably a winter or two of discontent coming up

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...nt-in-the-room
    Business will do what busines does. And that is get on with things in the environment it finds itself. It cant rely on government - eg Govt cant even get NZ on the exemption list for US steel tariffs. And they are supposed to be our mates. At some point Minimum wage will go up so high people will be laid off. As NZ is increasing unable to meet contractual obligations due to strike action then contracts will be lost. Getting rid of the 90 day trial will see less vulnerable people in work. Industry bargaining will put increased focus on non-productive activity. Taxes obviously have to go up to pay for over promised spending. And the Public Service will celebrate more jobs.

I don't know. But the whole thing is right up Winston's alley. He's managed to pin rhe rumour on National without actually naming them. Vintage Winnie.
    Would Labour supporters spread rumours to the detriment of Labour ? Or would it be as Winston implies the more "anything but the left " hardliners from further right of the political spectrum?
    "Dirty Politics" exposed the extent some are prepared to go to achieve their political goals.
    As you say in a later post - "I have no idea what any other rumours were - nor do I care. "
    How ever, others on this site are quite happy to spread rumour and gossip.

westerly