sharetrader
Page 101 of 697 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Would Labour supporters spread rumours to the detriment of Labour ? Or would it be as Winston implies the more "anything but the left " hardliners from further right of the political spectrum?
    "Dirty Politics" exposed the extent some are prepared to go to achieve their political goals.
    As you say in a later post - "I have no idea what any other rumours were - nor do I care. "
    How ever, others on this site are quite happy to spread rumour and gossip.

westerly
    Like our nautical friend from Nelson? Maybe that post has been swiftly retracted. Back in 2014, just before the elections, I posted information I had received from a very good source that said the National Party were certainly still using Crosby Textor. These sorts of baseless rumours are right up their line, and nothing to stop anyone taking free cues from that policy, to spike Labour when they're riding high. It worked for Trump didn't it?

Dilettante

EZ I deleted a post after being advised that the issue (or connected issue) I talked about was related to a case before the courts where name suppression had been applied, that I was unaware of when posting.
    Last edited by iceman; 05-05-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    EZ I deleted a post after being advised that the issue (or connected issue) I talked about was related to a case before the courts where name suppression had been applied, that I was unaware of when posting.
    Fair enough.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...een-thrown-one

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I might be inclined to apply the dead cat theory to the unprecedented police statement the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I might be inclined to apply the dead cat theory to the unprecedented police statement the other day.
    Masterstroke that was .....she now controls the narrative

On another matter I’ve heard on the grapevine that that Young Labour Camp never happened...just another rumour
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

On another matter I’ve heard on the grapevine that that Young Labour Camp never happened...just another rumour
    See, that's the trouble with rumours. I've heard there was a Labour Camp. Its only a rumour and there doesn't seem to be any evidence that there actually was. I think it best we wait for the police to confirm that there was no Labour Camp - and in the absence of such announcement it should be safe to assume there was.

Guru

Like our nautical friend from Nelson? Maybe that post has been swiftly retracted. Back in 2014, just before the elections, I posted information I had received from a very good source that said the National Party were certainly still using Crosby Textor. These sorts of baseless rumours are right up their line, and nothing to stop anyone taking free cues from that policy, to spike Labour when they're riding high. It worked for Trump didn't it?
    Careful now El Z. Isn't that a defamatory comment in itself? Every now and again you lower yourself to the mudpit with the worst of them.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Careful now El Z. Isn't that a defamatory comment in itself? Every now and again you lower yourself to the mudpit with the worst of them.
    Until I hear that Crosby-Textor have been dropped by the National Party as their campaign strategists, I'll continue to point it out. It would seem that the press have been smart enough to research these rumour(s), and have not bothered to go into print about them, because they were baseless.

The Young Labour camp episode is a different story, that'll need to get sorted out by the Labour Party, and of course steps have already been taken.

Guru

Until I hear that Crosby-Textor have been dropped by the National Party as their campaign strategists, I'll continue to point it out. It would seem that the press have been smart enough to research these rumour(s), and have not bothered to go into print about them, because they were baseless.

The Young Labour camp episode is a different story, that'll need to get sorted out by the Labour Party, and of course steps have already been taken.
    My point is that you are defaming Crosby-Textor not the Nats for employing them. You clearly suggested Crosby-Textor were responsible for the rumours

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    My point is that you are defaming Crosby-Textor not the Nats for employing them. You clearly suggested Crosby-Textor were responsible for the rumours
    Not at all. Crosby-Textor have been connected in "Dirty Politics" and numerous other worldwide articles for suggesting the 'dead cat' idea to their clients, so it's a well-known technique in NZ politics. Anyone could have started up the rumours, it probably wasn't the Labour Party, much more likely National-linked. The prevalence of this sort of behaviour in NZ politics coincides with the use of Crosby-Textor as strategists. Have another read of "Dirty Politics", as I am.