sharetrader
Page 111 of 697 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Those cows will just be replaced by heifers. Ie the heifer cull and or older cows that would be culled will now be kept for another year so our cow numbers would be the same as always surely?
    It can't be as clear cut as that for each farmer. If his herd is infected it's culled, there won't be any selecting. Across the national herd it may balance out a little.

IMO

Best wishes to farmers and all to create a world first and eradicate. Having had it for only two years gives some hope they can, other countries had it for a decade or two before they even knew they had it ive read.Also hope all farmers do their best cooperating or it will fail. Very emotive and unsupportive item on the news by the couple who got a days grace, selfish even.

Legend

Who will be first to get Jacinda's boot? Hipkins, Curran, or Twyford? What do you think eZ? You know how I value your opinion.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Best wishes to farmers and all to create a world first and eradicate. Having had it for only two years gives some hope they can, other countries had it for a decade or two before they even knew they had it ive read.Also hope all farmers do their best cooperating or it will fail. Very emotive and unsupportive item on the news by the couple who got a days grace, selfish even.
    Yes, what's important now is that MB is not allowed to spread in NZ. I can see farmers might preempt this by creating a fenced buffer on their boundaries. No calf club days, lambs only. Other species besides bovines are not thought to be significant carriers for any period of time. At least once a dairy farm is cleared of animals, it can be disinfected and allowed to rest for 60 days, then restocked. The MB bacterium doesn't survive for long in the ground, but prefers moist environments. It could have come in with imported feed, but that's considered unlikely. It may have come in on second-hand imported equipment. That might line up with the fact that only one strain of the bacterium has been identified so far. Calves being fed infected milk from an infected herd can easily get the disease. MPI are scanning milk samples from every herd in the country to pick up any outliers, although it's not foolproof. Monitored farms will need all contractors and goods/vehicles going on and off the property to be disinfected. This is a huge wakeup for the farming sector, but let's hope that no-one ever disparages or bypasses NAIT again, and that prompt action from this government and the farming sector will eradicate the infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I was surprised that National did not go for Crusher instead of what's his name...
    I think they will in time aka do a labor last minute change pre-election ...Labour will certainly continue to TAX and spend..... well till the Property market tips up ...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 28-05-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

The tax working group are making steady progress.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ay+29+May+2018

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    The tax working group are making steady progress.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ay+29+May+2018
    I would hope so. They are paid enough.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Did I mention Judith? Good thing about National is that they have plenty of talent ... not a one one-trick-pony party like Labor ;p;
    I didn't realise the Labour party had any talented politicians.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Don't feel bad about that. Most people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Fair enough ... though - Cindy is pretty talented to throw money around. A billion here (taxpayer funded cow slaughter), nearly a billion there (winter subsidies), a handful of billions to pop up free education, a quarter of a billion there (just increased pay offer to nurses), add some more billions for all the other pay demands in the pipeline - hey, here is money for everybody - I heard teachers are dreaming already about two digit pay rises (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11929440 - which no doubt will increase the demands of nurses again) ... and suddenly it looks like real money ;

No worries - Cindy has another talent - she is really good in rising taxes ;

Looks like I was even a bit harsh in assessing this young and multi talented Labor politician. Great in spreading money around and talented in rising taxes - these are already two tricks for this pony ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)