sharetrader
Page 113 of 697 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 6963

Its all getting a bit scary. Where did the DHB's suddenly find all this money which isnt in the budget for a pay settlement. Just a sniff of a strike and govt comes up with more money. So what are the teachers going to do, what are public servants going to do. MPI under more pressure, Immigration under more pressure, housing under more pressure - all equals more pay demands. And you have Labour who are firmly of the view union involvement is an absolute must and industry awards are the way to go. I see the 70's nice and clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yeah - reminiscent of the sixties and seventies. Hyperinflation, vicious unions, stikes, strikes, strikes. A horrible time in our history. Let's hope we don't see a return of those times, but with some of the noises coming out of Labour I'm not holding out too much hope.
    Might need one of those old fashioned wage (and price) freezes
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Simple solution. If nurses want to earn as much as teachers then they should become teachers.
    With an ageing population...demand for carers and nurses will be increasing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Been 10 years for nurses and what 16 years for teachers since they've had decent increases. I think the majority of folks support them(re 65% in an informal poll i saw recently for teachers), essential workers undervalued for too long, fact.
    Who will pay for it? Will we be able to stick to the No New Taxes mantra?

How about about introducing to investments in real estate the "Fair Dividend Rate" that currently exists for Foreign Investment Funds.
    I.E. unrealised net value gains (after expenses deducted) of more than 5% in a year be deemed to have produced a taxable return of 5%?

IMO

Sounds good. Looking forward to the tax review results. National wanted to drop taxes and avoid paying teachers, nurses etc a well deserved long overdue rise. An uncaring lazy irresponsible national govt in many areas taking the easy path imo.

Sounds good. Looking forward to the tax review results. National wanted to drop taxes and avoid paying teachers, nurses etc a well deserved long overdue rise. An uncaring lazy irresponsible national govt in many areas taking the easy path imo.
    C'mon Jt. When will you stop blaming the last gov't and urging this new gov't to get on with their job. Me too is getting tired about this blaming orgy already. Enough of it.

IMO

Unfortunately its true RGR. Labour is doing the right thing, national was only thinking of staying in power.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yeah - reminiscent of the sixties and seventies. Hyperinflation, vicious unions, stikes, strikes, strikes. A horrible time in our history. Let's hope we don't see a return of those times, but with some of the noises coming out of Labour I'm not holding out too much hope.
    From 1960 to 1984 NZ had a National Govt. apart from the 3 years 1972 -75. Perhaps National is the party you should fear.?

westerly

Nothing worse than a government not able to make decisions and say NO. Yes to big pay rises for everybody - can't find anybody who does not deserve it. Yes to create commissions to decide about a commission to decide about something else Labour should have sorted out in its nine long years in opposition. Yes to expected but unplanned tax rises and new taxes. Yes to hyperinflation and increased bureaucracy.

It is clearly Labour and its appendixes going the easy way - and National will later on need to clean up after them.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    From 1960 to 1984 NZ had a National Govt. apart from the 3 years 1972 -75. Perhaps National is the party you should fear.?

westerly
    Back then it was the unions I feared.