sharetrader
Page 130 of 697 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Communism by Stealth .... so says Hooton

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12091904
    Working for Families has cetrainly created a whole set of problems. Which is why the "Living Wage" movement is interesting. This will see the minimum income burden shift from governments Working for Families to employers wage bill - with no improvement in productivity.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Working for Families has cetrainly created a whole set of problems. Which is why the "Living Wage" movement is interesting. This will see the minimum income burden shift from governments Working for Families to employers wage bill - with no improvement in productivity.
    I see Smith City have caught the bug. That might put even more pressure on them. They are struggling to make a profit now, so with an increased wage bill see that struggle even more.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I see Smith City have caught the bug. That might put even more pressure on them. They are struggling to make a profit now, so with an increased wage bill see that struggle even more.

“National furniture and appliance retailer to mark the start of its second century of trading with a commitment to the well-being of its staff; introduces 'well-being' day and grants extra day's holiday to mark centenary”

Oh, the irony. The very best thing Smith City can do to look after the well being of staff is give them long term job security. They are now undermining this by increasing wages costs, not committing anything to improved sales volumes or margins thus decreasing overall profitability. All the while peacocking this social do-gooding. Why they bother I don’t know. Average hourly rate is already $26.36 when the LivingWage is $20.55. If their sales people can’t earn $20.55 an hour through performance bonus / incentive schemes they shouldn’t be in retail sales. I'd be firing the low paid workers - not giving them more. (Disc.– thankfully not a holder of SCY!!)

Edit. SCY shoulda looked at the Warehouse Group. Introduced Career Retailer Wage back in 2013 - inspired by Living Wage. Check out the share price since then!(Hint: Value of company has approximately halved since the introduction - thats what happens when you dont have a monopoly environment like the local council or government)
    Last edited by minimoke; 24-07-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    About a third of my generation - siblings and cousins - went to Australia in their early 20s or so. About 12. None came back. All settled there and raised families.

My sister came back to NZ after her OE and tried to settle but couldn't. Mind you that was Palmerston North. Several others were also from the provinces, some rural.

Small sample but bright lights over the ditch beckoned.
    When their productive working life is over they will return. NZ is a great place to retire to. Ask all the retiring immigrants from overseas.
    Not sure they contribute much to the economy though.

westerly

Legend

Lots of hoohah at the moment about the canned fundraising concert planned by Sir Ray Avery. I wonder if Helen Clark also knew all about the background. I've met people like this, it'll probably be all about a big payoff at the end, a company on the up that gets flicked off.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2018/07/24/164742/can-ray-avery-turn-promises-into-reality

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Lots of hoohah at the moment about the canned fundraising concert planned by Sir Ray Avery. I wonder if Helen Clark also knew all about the background. I've met people like this, it'll probably be all about a big payoff at the end, a company on the up that gets flicked off.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2018/07/24/164742/can-ray-avery-turn-promises-into-reality

Can't be so. Helen Clarke has never heard of Avery, doesn't know who he is - she said so.

NZ Business confidence at low levels: http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/bus...fidence-ranks/

And this was surveyed eferi the passing of legislations that makes employers pay 2 weeks leave for domestic violence; before the end of trial periods, before the introduction of compulsory agreement to a Collective Employment agreement, before the impact of "living wage" and minimum wage increases, before transportation cost increase in Auckland and before Jacinda announces her next great employment idea. I bet it will add an extra burden on employers and do nothing to boost productivity.

Guru

IMO

Are you stooping too 777?.This muck raker is the lowest of the low imo. Inform yourself and read Dirty Politics by Nicky Hagar and follow the links all the way to the National party top office in the country just a short time ago.

Guru

No. Just balancing the postings we get here from the left leaning rag your group continue to post from. For the life of me I can't remember what it is called. Must be have a small circulation.

And Nicky Hagar. I wouldn't read anything he writes. He is lower than what you think Whaleoil is. Not that I follow him that closely.

But that article proved Clark had met Avery. Photographic proof.

When I posted it I guessed you would be the first to reply. You are so predictable.