sharetrader
Page 14 of 697 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Jacinda Ardern is leading by example in how a leader should behave not negative and nasty and they are not mucking around and achieving much in this short time so far. For example exposing the typical national lie that it couldn't be done re the ban on foreign buyers lol.
    You can't be proud of your Deputy Prime Minister screwing your party seeing he was never going the Nats way after starting to sue them.

Spose if you want power you become friends with anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post

Secondly, nobody with even half a brain believes that an opposition party has to oppose everything a government does.
    Ok heres a small exercises for you. In its 9 years of opposition list the Bills Labour supported National on (my money is you coming up with less than 5)

The flip side of your argument is government should be prepared to support an oppositions good idea. Like for example dropping income tax rates which all parties (National, NZ First, Maori and Act) supported last term except Labour.

While the idea of Cindy (she needs to earn the respect and failing on day one is not a good start) and all MP's sitting around a warm campfire, holding hands singing kumbaya and agreeing on legislation may have some appeal it isn't going to happen under our Westminster style of parliament. Its like our justice system. Its a bear pit and winner takes all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    First of all her name is Jacinda and she is the Prime Minister so show some respect and call her by her proper name. Whether you like her or not is irrelevant.

Secondly, nobody with even half a brain believes that an opposition party has to oppose everything a government does. .
    I see Cindy's team introduced a bill under urgency last night at about 6pm. Funny thing is National (Amy Adams) said that they were going to support this bill. Who would have thought.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I see Cindy's team introduced a bill under urgency last night at about 6pm. Funny thing is National (Amy Adams) said that they were going to support this bill. Who would have thought.
    Surely the correct abbreviation, or nick-name for Taxcinda should be Taxi rather than Cinda.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Surely the correct abbreviation, or nick-name for Taxcinda should be Taxi rather than Cinda.
    Maybe but she is all sugary and spicy and all that's nice (as the nursery rhyme of old), so to me Cindy is apt enough for now.

Legend

Maybe but she is all sugary and spicy and all that's nice (as the nursery rhyme of old), so to me Cindy is apt enough for now.
    Wasn't there a Cindy doll that got flattened by Barbie?

It was the Paid Parental Leave Bill. Probably part of Nationals cunning plan so see Cindy out of Parliament for 6 months so that Kelvin can take charge for a while

Seating in the chamber is interesting

NZF and Greens separated by Labour

And some Labour dude called Duncan Webb has been given the naughty boys seat .....all out on his lonesome at the back of the house on the opposition side.
    Last edited by winner69; 09-11-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Seems we have quite the mature opposition. Prepared to support Labour with any TTP agreement. Shame labours coalition partner NZ first wont be quite so mature and I suspect the Greens wont be either