sharetrader
Page 142 of 697 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Not so nonsensical if the new machine makes 10,000+ widgets a week. Which is quite likely.
    Quire right (I was trying to keep the numbers simple)

Add the machine will do its own setting, and will do its own routine maintenance. Chances are the machine has been developed and made offshore and the technical non routine repair cant be done locally due to lack of volume of machines.

We need to tread very carefully when we start calling for higher wages. There will be impacts some people don't want to see.

And something that policy makers ignore is that some people simply aren't very bright. They need simple routine repetitive tasks in their employment. The policy makers are silent on where these people fit into a high wage economy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Agree. A countries home ownership rate is not a measure of its success or of the benefits of living there.

Switzerland has a home ownership rate of 43.4%
    Germany 51.9%
    New Zealand 64.8%
    India 86.6%
    China 90%
    Romania has a home ownership rate of 96.4%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ownership_rate

In what countries would you rather live?
    How tax efficient is owning your own home in NZ? Do non-owners in effect subsidise owner-occupiers?

Historically how does after tax return on residential investment property equity compare with other forms of investment?

How do tenants' rights and tenure security in Switerland and Germany compare with those in New Zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Quire right (I was trying to keep the numbers simple)

Add the machine will do its own setting, and will do its own routine maintenance. Chances are the machine has been developed and made offshore and the technical non routine repair cant be done locally due to lack of volume of machines.
    Machine will do its own setting and routine maintenance. That's just hilarious. Right beside all those cars that do their own oil and filter changes. There is no point in continuing this conversation, I have to get back to my real work, which as it happens is designing automation solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    Machine will do its own setting and routine maintenance..
    You need to get out more - they are here already

Right beside all those cars that do their own oil and filter changes. .
    I think they are called EV's

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    How tax efficient is owning your own home in NZ? Do non-owners in effect subsidise owner-occupiers?

Historically how does after tax return on residential investment property equity compare with other forms of investment?

How do tenants' rights and tenure security in Switerland and Germany compare with those in New Zealand?
    I just said that high home ownership rate is not necessarily something desirable and the provided stats does support this.

Re tax - efficiency: I don't know the Swiss tax rules, but your first owner occupied home in Germany (with a lower home ownership - rate than NZ) is much more tax efficient than a house in NZ ever will be - in Germany you can even write off parts of your purchase price from your other income.

Tenants rights and tenure: Not sure its all about tenants rights, but yes, both countries (Switzerland and Germany) have a much more mature home-rental market. It is over there more difficult (but not impossible) to get rid of a tenant - as long as these behave appropriately (i.e. look after the rented property and don't trash it, don't threat the neighbours and comply with any additional tenancy requirements - pay the rent on time, follow the house rules: noise restrictions, cleaning of common areas, ...). On the other hand - most of the tenants in Germany or Switzerland would look anyway much better after their rental property than they would do here.

Some things go both ways - and I don't think its all about laws, this is about culture and respect for other peoples property.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

- as long as these behave appropriately (i.e. look after the rented property and don't trash it, don't threat the neighbours and comply with any additional tenancy requirements - pay the rent on time, follow the house rules: noise restrictions, cleaning of common areas, ...).
    Those expectations would never work in New Zealand - none of them are the landlords fault

Guru

I just said that high home ownership rate is not necessarily something desirable and the provided stats does support this.

Re tax - efficiency: I don't know the Swiss tax rules, but your first owner occupied home in Germany (with a lower home ownership - rate than NZ) is much more tax efficient than a house in NZ ever will be - in Germany you can even write off parts of your purchase price from your other income.

Tenants rights and tenure: Not sure its all about tenants rights, but yes, both countries (Switzerland and Germany) have a much more mature home-rental market. It is over there more difficult (but not impossible) to get rid of a tenant - as long as these behave appropriately (i.e. look after the rented property and don't trash it, don't threat the neighbours and comply with any additional tenancy requirements - pay the rent on time, follow the house rules: noise restrictions, cleaning of common areas, ...). On the other hand - most of the tenants in Germany or Switzerland would look anyway much better after their rental property than they would do here.

Some things go both ways - and I don't think its all about laws, this is about culture and respect for other peoples property.
    Yes it is all about culture. In Holland the same situation applies. Tenants will also put in their own curtains, their own flooring and paint the interior of the house. But there is an expectation that they will be there for a long period of time. 10 20 years or longer etc is quite common. It is like BP said very difficult on the other hand to remove a tenant.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I think they are called EV's
    that on par with saying cars do their own horseshoe changes...

Membaa

that on par with saying cars do their own horseshoe changes...
    Those from a command and control background think (because that is their life experience) that everything they say is real, true and noble, because they once had authority to over-rule any dissension, and that those who disagree with them can be dismissed by rank or wilful ignorance expressed as absolute facts. The ever diminishing circle of inane dialogue only ends up with at best, reluctant agreement to disagree, but more commonly incessant repetitive argument supported by dubious sources, eventually culminating in ghosting.