sharetrader
Page 148 of 697 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I reckon health is a core govt service so don't have much difficulty with this spend
    [URL="https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2018/08/government-pledges-67m-to-build-skypath-cycleway.html"]
    This is plain nuts. The only people to benefit is a minority of Auckland cyclists. This should come totally out of Auckland rates as well as a user pay toll.
    How much does the motor vehicle only harbour bridge cost to maintain?

The Skypath would be a great asset and visitor highlight - it's for walkers, wheelchairs as well as cycists. We need a greater push for more cycling friendly routes in Auckland - anything to help reduce the Auckland devotion to single occupant car travel.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 26-08-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

The Skypath would be a great asset and visitor highlight - it's for walkers, wheelchairs as well as cycists. We need a greater push for more cycling friendly routes in Auckland - anything to help reduce the Auckland devotion to single occupant car travel.
    I Dont doubt that at all. But if Aucklanders want it they should pay for it.

IMO

Great game and great respect for our PM
    "Perenara, meanwhile, confirmed he had given Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern his All Blacks jersey when she came in to the changing-room after the test.

"She's special to my family and to my community so that's something that was important for me to do," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    "Perenara, meanwhile, confirmed he had given Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern his All Blacks jersey when she came in to the changing-room after the test.

"She's special to my family and to my community so that's something that was important for me to do," he said.
    LOL - somehow they are all the same - after Sir John its now Cindy's turn in trying to take a bath in the All Black's glory, sniff at their worn shirts and hoping that some of the All Black fame magically rubs off.

Only a hypocrite would run down one of these marketing events and praise the other ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Shameful - the pair of them should have been at home looking after baby.

IMO

They are .Very normal for PM's to attend big games. What wasn't normal was when Key was using Ritchie Mcaw politically off the game.
    I think TJ is a top guy myself and setting a good example to us all.

They are .Very normal for PM's to attend big games. .
    Its not normal for PM to have a brand new baby. Interesting to see where she saw her priority. Tucking baby in at night or a photo op.

I have no view on TJ - its his jersey to do what he likes. I'm not sure its the best use he could have made of it but there you go.

IMO

TJ instigated giving his jersey and Kieran Read did the same giving her spontaneous hug. Great stuff, great (but too one-sided)game.

TJ instigated giving his jersey and Kieran Read did the same giving her spontaneous hug. .
    Endorphins kicking in will do that to you.

TJ instigated giving his jersey and Kieran Read did the same giving her spontaneous hug. Great stuff, great (but too one-sided)game.
    JT - looks like you are milking this event to the utmost extend.

Now - we all know that the current populist watermelon government has not many achievements to crow about, but I guess your focus on this for the work of this government absolutely irrelevant meeting with the AB's makes the lack of real achievements so much more visible to everybody.

Is this what you intend to do ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)