sharetrader
Page 151 of 697 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Before the courts Mini .....but more could be said about the points you raised

If Clare was still Minister of Open Government she would have insisted more was realeased.
    The only thing before the courts is the sexual assault accusations. They cant plead Sub Judice on the other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    The only thing before the courts is the sexual assault accusations. They cant plead Sub Judice on the other issues.
    The confidence survey results may be of more interest to them today...

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    The confidence survey results may be of more interest to them today...
    I don't think the results are of any interest to Labor at all. They have their agenda and they want to stick by it come hell or high water. How do they think business can have confidence when there is no tax policy and its being left to a Committee. How can business have confidence when wage rates are arbitrary pushed up with no increase in productivity. Do they really think giving unions unfettered access to an employer (rights of access even Police don't have) is good for business?

As for having having confidence in a transparent government - well thanks to Clare Curran that's dead in the water.

And what about being a caring, inclusive government. Well if you are a crook Kiwi offshore all care ends at the border. (unless you are a refugee in which case you got double the chance of getting here)

I don't think the results are of any interest to Labor at all. They have their agenda and they want to stick by it come hell or high water. How do they think business can have confidence when there is no tax policy and its being left to a Committee. How can business have confidence when wage rates are arbitrary pushed up with no increase in productivity. Do they really think giving unions unfettered access to an employer (rights of access even Police don't have) is good for business?
    You bitch because they are using a committee, you bitch when they don't consult, you'd bitch if one of the MPs decided policy off their own bat, it really doesn't matter what process they follow, you'll bitch because its something a Labour/Greens govt is doing, neither what it does, or how it does it matters to you.

And what about being a caring, inclusive government. Well if you are a crook Kiwi offshore all care ends at the border. (unless you are a refugee in which case you got double the chance of getting here)
    So under national you'd have supported wasting hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to bring home every sick teenager from overseas? Or every kid on their OE that fell off a scooter in Bali and needed medical treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    You bitch because they are using a committee, you bitch when they don't consult, you'd bitch if one of the MPs decided policy off their own bat, it really doesn't matter what process they follow, you'll bitch because its something a Labour/Greens govt is doing, neither what it does, or how it does it matters to you.
    I'm not bitching. Just stating what is obvious to most.

So under national you'd have supported wasting hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to bring home every sick teenager from overseas? Or every kid on their OE that fell off a scooter in Bali and needed medical treatment?
    I didn't say that - actually I support Winston on this one. But it is inconsistent with the caring Flaky Fairy Princess picture of NZ
    where life is beautiful all the time
    with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes

I'm not bitching.
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles...

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles...
    I'm at a loss how statements of fact can be interpreted as "bitching".

Two down - how many ministers left in her cabinet? Meka Whaitiri bounced out of her portfolio.

(this is like shooting fish in a barrel - they make it too easy for me!)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...staffing-issue

I'm at a loss how statements of fact can be interpreted as "bitching".
    I guess it is sad that some posters tend to use personal attacks when they are running out of arguments. Possibly a character problem, but maybe just bad parenting during their youth. Who knows?

Anyway - if their musings don't amuse you anymore, just use the "ignore-list". I do - and while it is not perfect, it does help.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Lets just pause for a moment and see how the Princess Fairy is faring.

“This will be a government of inclusion. All who live in this country are entitled to respect and dignity; “. Hmm seems like Waitiri was asleep in the chair when that part of the Speech from the Throne was delivered.
    “….. all are entitled to care and compassion” Yup Winston sure was missing in action on that one.
    “This government will foster a more open and democratic society. It will strengthen transparency around official information.” Curran clearly out of her depth comprehending that wee gem.

And we aren’t even a year into this Government