sharetrader
Page 161 of 697 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 6963
    Legend

Whatever happened to eZ, who used to post absurd nonsense about the Labour party? I'm missing the frequent amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Whatever happened to eZ, who used to post absurd nonsense about the Labour party? I'm missing the frequent amusement.
    He’s checking in still ......had a look what we were saying the other day

I think he can’t find anything good to rave about ....and can’t bring himself to defend the indefendabke
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Can you give us a balanced summary of what she's done in opposition and in government that is competent
    Yes I can
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    but outweighed in your opinion by what is incompetent?

A lot of the media commentary is predatory bigotted dogma, amplified by the to be expected opposition party rhetoric, imho.
    Lets look at the positive side of the ledger. And I'll paraphrase the Prime Minister who describes her as being "passionate" about her portfolios and "very hard working". Interesting traits, neither which apply to competence, but about the best I (and the prime minister) can come up with.

On the other side of the ledger.
    She took instruction from Ministerial staff on how to work diaries and phones and the need to be transparent and that every thing done was discoverable. Despite this she arranged an "off the record" meeting with Carol Hirschfield and lied about it.

Having been caught out on that and no doubt given further guidance she then went on to have another "off the record" meeting, outside usual work hours with Derek Handley. Apart from incompetence as covered above it is likely to be against any guidance she would have been given on the CTO recruitment process. Maybe thats where "passion" gets you.

As minister in charge of communications and open / transparent government she then went on to use her private Gmail account, despite having several government emails accounts, to conduct government business. At this stage just what went through those emails is unclear - but Mellissa Lee certainly has something else to bring up.

Finally when asked very simple questions in the House she fluffed it The truth is a very simple easy thing to say - but she could not get close to answering the questions let alone get anywhere near the truth. Her performance is described as the worst of any MP in the history of NZ parliament.

Oh - not finally. When required to appear in question time she failed to turn up. They really were not hard answers to question - but she did not have the strength of character or the foundation of truth to help her through.

Is that enough? I know the competence side is a bit light - but let me know what else I can put in there.

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    And the only thing to show after Nationals 8 years in power is how run down Govt. services have become following thier relentless drive to cut expenditure.

westerly
    I'll hold my hand up and express my disappointment with National over their years in office. They moved far too "left" for my liking. (should have ditched working for families for example)

That aside they did have to deal with a Global Financial Crisis and an unrelenting series of catastrophic earthquakes. So I give them some credit for being distracted.

Mini will not be surprised

Yet Ardern has kept Faafoi - who is deserving of a Cabinet place - outside Cabinet, leaving Curran's seat free. That indicates a reshuffle is in store and a woman is odds-on to fill that slot.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12121211
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Yet Ardern has kept Faafoi - who is deserving of a Cabinet place - outside Cabinet, leaving Curran's seat free. That indicates a reshuffle is in store and a woman is odds-on to fill that slot.

Problem for Labour is finding capable, talented members in their ranks, further hindered with their silly quota targets.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

And there stands a misogenist ?

westerly

Stop taking your frustration out on the cat.

westerly

Its taking Clare a while to sort through all her Gmails. How hard can that be? No doubt doing enough to stay in parlaiment on a wage rate at more than she is worth. Whats the bet Derek doesnt get eth CTO job!

All is well FP, we can rely on you to post absurd nonsense about the Labour Party for our amusement.