sharetrader
Page 162 of 697 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    All is well FP, we can rely on you to post absurd nonsense about the Labour Party for our amusement.
    Never done that before so not sure why you think I will start doing it now.

I'm the first to admit I'm a bit dense. But how does $1.5m for Andrew Littles recent Justice Summit add up. A two day talk fest with 600 participants who had to pay their own travel and accommodation. So thats $2,500 a head or $1,250 per person per day.

Say $150 a person venue hire, leaves me around $1,100 for lunch and other incidentals per day.

Even at a budgeted $700k it still seems like a lot for two days of chin wagging

And what did they achieve?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm the first to admit I'm a bit dense. But how does $1.5m for Andrew Littles recent Justice Summit add up. A two day talk fest with 600 participants who had to pay their own travel and accommodation. So thats $2,500 a head or $1,250 per person per day.

Say $150 a person venue hire, leaves me around $1,100 for lunch and other incidentals per day.

Even at a budgeted $700k it still seems like a lot for two days of chin wagging

And what did they achieve?
    Even your figure of$150 per head venue hire seems way, way ,way over the top.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Even your figure of$150 per head venue hire seems way, way ,way over the top.
    So what was the $1.5m spent on? Raises some serious issues.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    So what was the $1.5m spent on?
    It's beyond me. Seems incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    So what was the $1.5m spent on?
    Duh, consultants and working groups. You don't think they actually made decisions themselves do you? Which venue, what food, tablecloth colours....so many decisions.

Veteran novice

But it's the gu'mt paying, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Duh, consultants and working groups. You don't think they actually made decisions themselves do you? Which venue, what food, tablecloth colours....so many decisions.
    You are dead right as it turns out "“PWC was contracted to run the event and the food was provided by a gourmet caterer which included decadent gluten-free chocolate brownie, pork, apricot and thyme pastries, four different kinds of croissants, luxury pies and chicken and cranberry casserole."

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    post of the day!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

And the next crusade from Labour and the Greens will be to make our children bilingual by force. To be honest, it is something I´ve been in favour of for decades. I am thoroughly disappointed in our school system for being completely useless with language tutoring and have always encouraged my children to seriously study languagaes, sadly to no avail. My 23 year old daughter who ´s been working in Europe for the last few months even said to me recently, "now I know what you mean dad". After working with young multi lingual Europeans, she realises how ill equipped she is for the World.
    BUT, Maori it should not be. It should be a language that actually advances our young people´s standing in the World and gives them added opportunities. The Maori language is of NO USE whatsoever for them and this ¨politically correct¨ nonsense and social engineering infuriates me.