sharetrader
Page 165 of 697 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 6963
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Well, Im bamboozled. How does Chris Hipkins get to spend $3m on two summits. This time having a chat to people in Christchurch ($1.41m - around 700 people over two days) and $1.26m for approx 700 people over two days in Auckland.

Does this government have the faintest clue what a budget it, what things cost, and how to extract value for money spent?

Someones talking the piss!
    But this from the Herald so no worries !! : " A spokesman for Ardern said today she had spoken to Hipkins, and all ministers were clear about her expectations on the costs of such summits."

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    But this from the Herald so no worries !! : " A spokesman for Ardern said today she had spoken to Hipkins, and all ministers were clear about her expectations on the costs of such summits."
    Does this mean Cindy approves of $1000 per person and day for entertainment? Well, I guess if you want it all singing and dancing it might not be that much. At the end it is just the dumb old taxpayer footing the bill - and raising taxes, this is one thing Labour is really good at.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Does this mean Cindy approves of $1000 per person and day for entertainment? Well, I guess if you want it all singing and dancing it might not be that much. At the end it is just the dumb old taxpayer footing the bill - and raising taxes, this is one thing Labour is really good at.
    I suppose we will never find out what she thinks or approves of, with her cancelling radio interview with Heather Du-Plessis Allan and her scheduled weekend appearances on The Nation and Q&A.

I see Derek Handley also got paid $ 107k for 3 months pay and for moving his family from New York to take up the job that he never started, but had been promised and now won't get !!! What blimmin fiasco.

And the next crusade from Labour and the Greens will be to make our children bilingual by force. To be honest, it is something I´ve been in favour of for decades. I am thoroughly disappointed in our school system for being completely useless with language tutoring and have always encouraged my children to seriously study languagaes, sadly to no avail. My 23 year old daughter who ´s been working in Europe for the last few months even said to me recently, "now I know what you mean dad". After working with young multi lingual Europeans, she realises how ill equipped she is for the World.
    BUT, Maori it should not be. It should be a language that actually advances our young people´s standing in the World and gives them added opportunities. The Maori language is of NO USE whatsoever for them and this ¨politically correct¨ nonsense and social engineering infuriates me.

Placing the cultural issues aside there s good reasons for te reo from an educational/development perspective.

Actually te reo is a great second language to learn, it is a relatively easy language to learn and a great spring board to becoming multilingual. Even if they just learnt te reo and did not go onto learn an additional language the linguistics ability will be greatly enhanced.
    Last edited by Raz; 14-09-2018 at 08:21 PM.

I suppose we will never find out what she thinks or approves of, with her cancelling radio interview with Heather Du-Plessis Allan and her scheduled weekend appearances on The Nation and Q&A.
    Jacinda is spending time on hwat a Kind, transparent goverenmetn actually means.

Then she is going to sit down with a calculator and calendar. Shes going to take 14 September less one month = teh date Handley accepted a job offer. Then shes going to go back to all her press conferences, statements in teh house and media statements and figure out why it was the teeny weeny fact that Curran had actually offered a job to someone was something that was not mentioned at all. And then shes going to realise that her definitions of a kind, transparent and open government does not actually match her actions

Then shes going to do the country a favour and resign

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Reports coming out now that the catering bill for the justice summit - just catering - $880,000. Not official reports AFAIK but the costs are to be released soon we shall see.

Dilettante

Audrey Young reckons the 2nd honeymoon is over for the Government, the one between Labour and NZ First : https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12125151

At least under National you get a 90 day probationary period - Labour will fire you before you start.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

What’s behind this mini?

"The Prime Minister also needs to assure New Zealanders that the handling of Mr Handley's citizenship was above board, since he was quoted back in March saying: 'The Government changed and in its first month, this was done'," he said. (He being Bridges)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least under National you get a 90 day probationary period - Labour will fire you before you start.
    Classic!

To be fair, though - I don't think National would have hired a CTO who's main achievement was to destroy the shareholder capital of not just one but two New Zealand startups ... no matter how smooth he might be able to talk in secret meetings with ex-"open government" minsters ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)